Solved Provincial Management Service Previous PMS Paper (General Knowledge)
This post carries Solved Provincial Management Service Previous PMS Paper. This is General Knowledge Paper which was held in 2014. This is the 2nd part of this paper. This post is beneficial for those who want to go for NTS, PPSC, CSS, PMS, OTS, PTS and other Competitive Exams. For more Past Papers Visit This Link.
Solved Multiple Choice Questions from PMS Previous Paper of Provincial Management Serivce
For previous and next MCQs see at the end of the post.
26. Annuity is:
(A) A sum of money received on a regular basis as one of a series of fixed payments
(B) A financial product designed to pay out a stream of payments to the holder at a later point in time
(C) Both (A) and (B)
(D) Annual payment of dues
27. Hobson’s choice:
(A) Giving no choice at all
(B) To make the best choice
(C) To make the worst choice
(D) To settle for a compromise
28.The phenomenon of ‘Arab Spring’ was sparked by the self-immolation of Mohammed Bouzizi, a fruit-seller in:
29. The hurricane in the October 2012 which caused wide-spread damage in the eastern sea-board states of the USA is:
30. A voucher may be:
(A) Payment bill
(B) Wages Sheet
(C) Bank Receipt
(D) All of these
31. Kyoto Protocol talks about:
(D) None of these
You may also like: MCQs about Kyoto Protocol
32. What was the name of Libyan king deposed by Colonel Gadhafi in 1969?
(A) King Abdullah
(B) King Idris
(C) King Saud
(D) King Sadaat
33. Who said, “Where wealth accumulates, men decay”?
(A) Abraham Lincoln
(B) Winston Churchill
34. Baikal Lake is situated in:
35. What is meant by “Laissez-Faire”?
(A) Mixed Economy
(B) Non-interference of govt. in economic affairs
(C) Controlled economy
(D) None of these
36. The Arab League was formed in:
37. The Agreement which provided for territorial allocations as spheres of Western influence in the Middle East, in case of break-up of Ottoman Empire, is known as:
(A) Treaty of Alexandropol
(B) Balfour Declaration
(C) Accord of Ankara
38. The country having the highest GDP’ in the world:
39. “Brazuca” is the name of:
(A) the standard shoulder-fired anti-tank weapon of US Army
(B) a man-portable recoilless antitank rocket launcher weapon of US Army
(C) the official match ball of FIFA World Cup 2014
(D) a brass musical instrument Incorporating a telescopic tubing
40. For how many years did Nelson Mandela remain in Prison?
(A) 27 years
(B) 37 years
(C) 17 years
(D) 10 years
41. When the Stock Market is going down, It Is called:
42. Decibel is a unit used for:
(A) Speed of light
(B) Intensity of sound
(C) Intensity of heat
(D) None of these
Visit Also: Measures and Weights Quiz
43. The element required for solar energy conversion is:
44. A change in an individual’s behaviour prompted by information and experience refers to which one of the following concept?
(B) Role selection
45. Which of the following approaches says that ethical issues should be judged on the basis of some universal code?
(B) Ethical skepticism
46. Literally the word ethics stand for:
(A) Understanding human nature
(B) Study of morality
(C) Properties of chemical substances
(D) Both (B) & (C)
47. The mental act. condition or habit of placing trust or confidence in another shows which of the following options?
48. The hottest planet is:
49. ___________ pointer arises when you use the address of an object after its lifetime is over.
(D) Both a and c
50. Which of the following events occurred first In history?
(A) American War of Independence
(B) Russian Revolution
(C) French Revolution
(D) Chinese Revolution
Other Parts of this PMS Past Paper are is as under:-