This general knowledge post contains MCQs about Kyoto Protocol and Climate Change which was an international agreement and linked to the United Nations Framework Convention. Here are Some important MCQs about this agreement. You can prepare these points to get ready for your Job and Entry Tests.
Important General Knowledge and MCQs about Kyoto Protocol and Climate Change International Issue for Job Test
1. The Kyoto Protocol is a protocol to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change aimed at combating:
(a) global economic crisis
(c) nuclear proliferation
(d) global warming
2. The Kyoto Protocol was initially adopted on 11 December – in Kyoto, Japan.
3. As of February 2010, ________ states have signed and ratified the Kyoto protocol.
4. The four greenhouse gases mentioned in the Kyoto Protocol include carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide and
(a) carbon mono oxide
(d) sulphur hexafluoride
5. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) has predicted an average global rise in temperature of 1.4°C (2.5°F) to 5.8°C (10.4°F) between 1990 and __________:
6. The Kyoto Protocol was opened on 16 March for signature by parties to United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change.
7.Which country’s ratification brought the Kyoto Protocol into force?
8. Australia ratified the Kyoto Protocol on 3 December 2007 in_________
9. The most notable non-party to the Kyoto Protocol, USA was responsible for of the 1990 emission levels of greenhouse gases.
10. A country can withdraw its membership to the Kyoto Protocol by giving _______ months notice.
11. The target agreed upon in the Kyoto Protocol was an average C02 reduction of 5.2% from 1990 levels by the year_____
12. The Kyoto Protocol permits greenhouse gases emission increases of 8% for Australia and for Iceland
13. What is the base year for measuring cuts in greenhouse gases?
14. On 11 January _________ Pakistan submitted its instruments of accession to the Kyoto Protocol.
15. UN Climate Summit was held in December 2009 in________
16. _________ cabinet met underwater on October 17, 2009, to draw global attention towards rising sea level.
(d) Sri Lanka
17. The 6th meeting of the Parties to the Kyoto Protocol, the ‘2010 United Nations Climate Change Conference was held in _________ on November 29 – December 10, 2010.
18. On ________ 2012 the first commitment period of the Kyoto Protocol ended.
(a) July 31
(c) December 31
(d) March 31
19 On December 8, 2012, in the UN Climate Change Conference agreed to extend the Kyoto Protocol until 2020.
International Issue Kyoto Protocol and Climate Change MCQs for Job test.
This post is lastly being updated on 19.12.2017. If you feel any update or any change about this post, please inform us by commenting beneath. However, if there is any wrong answer then too, you can tell us by comment or go to Contact Us page. To encourage us, please share this on your social media profiles.
You may also like more National and International Issues and Current Issues.