11th Class Chapter 1 Button Button MCQs – FSC Part 1 English Book 1
This post contains comprehension based Button Button MCQs for Class 11. This short story is chapter 1 in the FSC 1st Year textbook. Previously, I shared the Questions and Answers of this lesson and in this post, you will find Solved MCQs of Button Button lesson. I will recommend you to visit our page containing all the English Notes for FSC Part 1. MCQs from the only textbooks are not enough and if you want to obtain high marks in exams, you should practice some more multiple-choice questions. I always try my level best to share quality educational material on ilmihub. You will see the yellow button under each question after 4 options. Click on it to see the correct answer.
Button Button Comprehension Based MCQs for FSC 1st Year Students – Class 11 English Notes
Hereunder you will find 10 Comprehension Based MCQs from Button Button Chapter Class 11 textbook and 31 MCQs from Kips Exercise English Notes.
(1) Where did Norma put the lamb chops?
(A) in the oven
(B) in the broiler
(C) in the freezer
(D) in the basket
(2) There was a small man _______________.
(A) in the porch
(B) in the room
(C) at the door
(D) in the hallway
(3) Where was the key to the bell-unit dome?
(A) in the box
(B) in the drawer
(C) in the sealed envelope
(D) in the pocket
(4) What was the reward for pushing the button?
(5) What was the question of Norma that made Mr. Steward embarrassed?
(A) Where do you live?
(B) How do you do?
(C) What do you sell?
(D) Who do you represent?
(6) What could have happened by pushing the button?
(A) Somewhere in the world a bird would die.
(B) Someone would die in the neighbourhood.
(C) Some songs would be heard.
(D) Somewhere in the world some unknown person would die.
(7) Why didn’t Arthur agree to the offer of Mr. Steward for pushing the button?
(A) He considered it a practical joke.
(B) He didn’t rely on him.
(C) He considered the death of some unknown person a murder.
(D) He didn’t believe him.
(8) Why was the offer of $50,000 attractive for Norma?
(A) She had a plan to improve her life.
(B) She felt no harm in helping someone to conduct psychological research.
(C) She wanted to purchase a set of jewellery.
(D) She wanted to buy a new house.
(9) Who in Norma’s opinion, was the researcher?
(A) a psychiatrist
(B) a doctor
(C) an eccentric millionaire
(D) a murderer
(10) Why didn’t Norma take the consent of her husband to comply with the instructions of Mr. Steward?
(A) because he couldn’t understand the idea
(B) he considered it a murder
(C) because he would share the offer
(D) he considered it immoral to kill some unknown person for the sake of money.
You May Also Like: Button Button Question Answers
Button Button Solved MCQs from 1st Year English Lesson 1 – Kips Notes
If you have gone through the above shared solved MCQs of this short story taken from the exercise, here are some more multiple choice questions for your practice.
(1) Mr. Wteward’s_________had been offensive.
(2) _________, Norma dropped the card halves into her purse.
(3) She locked the front door and joined Arthur in the __________.
(4) Norma almost hung up but __________herself.
(5) “Maybe some eccentric__________is playing games with people,” she said۔
(B) insurance company
(6) While she was __________ dishes, she turned abruptly, dried her hands and took the package from the bottom cabinet.
(7) Something cold pressed at her __________ as she removed the button unit from the wastebasket.
(8) __________, she began to smash it on the sink edge, pounding it harder and harder, until the wood split.
(9) Norma __________ with a gasp as the telephone rank.
(10) Mr. Steward did not tell the name of his organization because.
(A) He was not permitted.
(B) He was lying.
(C) He was a robber.
(D) He did not know
(11) What did Mr. Steward leave on the table when he left?
(A) the key
(B) the button unit
(C) the envelope
(D) the card
(12) What did Norma find inside the button unit?
(13) Who rang up Norma when she had pushed the button?
(A) Mr. Steward
(B) insurance officer
(C) someone from hospital
(D) someone from the railway station
(14) Norma thought the package was something related to __________.
(A) an insurance policy
(B) a psychological research
(C) a practical joke
(15) Norma called Mr. Steward__________.
(A) out of curiosity
(B) out of joy
(C) to reject his offer
(D) to accept his offer
(16) Abruptly, she began to smash it on the sink edge, __________it harder and harder, unit the wood split.
(17) Norma held the torn edges together while she was on her__________.
(A) lunch break
(C) tea break
(D) coffee break
(18) Norman saw the button unit second time as she left the __________.
(19) What did Arthur do with Mr. Steward’s card?
(A) He read it
(B) He tore it
(C) He kept it
(D) He returned it
(20) According to Mr. Steward, the bell was __________ to his office.
(21) “May be some __________ is doing it.”
(22) “Mr. Steward will __________ you at 8:00 PM.”
(C) call out to
(D) call on
(23) How did Steward look? He was __________.
(24) How did Arthur react to the offer of Steward?
(A) He was excited
(B) He was happy
(C) He was astounded
(D) He was offended
(25) How did Norma feel about the card?
(A) She was worried
(B) She was curious
(C) She was disgusted
(D) She was appalled
(26) Why did Arthur reject the offer?
(A) He did not like Steward
(B) He did not believe it
(C) He did not need money
(D) He thought it immoral
(27) What did Arthur say about pushing the button?
(A) It would give money
(B) It would be a murder
(C) It would be ungraceful
(D) It would fulfill their dreams
(28) What happened to Norma when she pushed the button?
(A) She felt curious
(B) She was offended
(C) She left frightened
(D) She was disappointed
(29) Where did Norma throw the unit after pushing the button?
(A) into the cabinet
(B) into the table
(C) into the wastebasket
(D) into the street
(30) How was Arthur killed?
(A) He was poisoned
(B) He was pushed in front of the train
(C) He was suffocated
(D) He was shot dead
(31) What was inside the carton fastened to a wooden box?
(A) electric iron
(B) push button unit
How to prepare 1st Year English Lesson 1 Button Button Multiple Chocie Questions?
Button Button is very important lesson in English Textbook of Class 11. This is the first short story in the book and paper setter will not ignore it. To get good marks in the English Paper of FSC 1st year, you should prepare this lesson very carefully and should not miss anything related to this lesson. You should visit 1st Year Book 1 English Notes for the notes of all short stories.
Above you can see total 41 Button Button Multiple Choice Questions which are comprehension based from this short story. Button button exercise contains only 10 MCQs. 1st part of this post contains Solved MCQs from Button Button Exercise and other 31 MCQs are for your preparation. Students should Prepare MCQs from the the exercise first then go for the other MCQs. I have devided MCQs of this chapter into 2 parts. Button button MCQs comprehenstion based and Button button synonym MCQs.
MCQs belongs to the 1st part of English paper which is called objective type paper. If you prepare this part of the paper, there are many chances to avail good numbers which can help you to get good position in exams.