11th Class Lesson 1 Button Button Synonyms Based MCQs with Answers – 1st Year English Notes
In this post, you will find the Button Button Synonyms Based MCQs for the Students of FSC Part 1. This is Lesson 1 in the textbook of Class 11 based on the story of a husband and wife. I have converted Button Button MCQs into two parts. The 1st post is Button Button Comprehension Based MCQs and this post Button Button Synonym based MCQs. All the MCQs are solved and with answers. Press the yellow button to see the correct answers. I have also shared Button Button Question Answers for Class 11. However, I will advise you to go through the complete English Notes for FSC Part 1.
Button Button Synonyms MCQs with Answers for FSC Part 1 – Quiz
(1) The package was lying by the front door.
(2) “Oh, Yes. Norma repressed a smile.
(3) Mr. Steward’s tone had been offensive.
(4) Mr. Steward nodded. “Monetarily, “he said.
(5) Norma frowned. She didn’t like this attitude.
(6) What is the gadget, anyway?
(7) Mr. Steward looked embarrassed.
(8) “Aren’t you curious at all?”
(9) “Doesn’t it intrigue you?”
(10) “Because it’s immoral.” he told her.
(11) “Well, I think it’s intriguing,” she said.
(12) impulsively, Norma dropped the card halves into her purse.
(13) She made a scoffing sound.
(14) “Nonetheless, that is the proposition,” Mr. Steward said.
(C) linking word
(15) Nonetheless, that is the proposition.
(16) Arthur looked astounded, “Are you saying what I think you are?”
(17) Arthur stared at her, appalled.
(18) Norma shrugged, “Fine with me”.
(A) showed fear
(B) showed indifference
(C) showed confidence
(D) shoed pleasure
(19) “Well,” she gestured vaguely.
(20) Arthur stared at her in dismay.
(21) He looked incredulous.
(22) All this furore over a meaningless button!
(23) As she hung up, she remembered Arthur’s life insurance policy for $25,000, with double indemnity for…”
(24) She struggled to her feet and walked into the kitchen numbly.
(25) Stumbling into the living room, she picked up the receiver.
(26) Mr. Steward inquired politely.
(27) Norma almost hung up but restrained herself.
(28) Norma was sure that it was a sales pitch.
(29) Mr. Steward answered, “Oh, it’s quite authentic.
(30) Inside the carton was a push-button unit fastened to the small wooden box.
(31) “Monetarily? she challenged.
(32) The offer is completely genuine.
(33) The organization is of international scope.
(34) Arthur picked up the button and thrust it into Mr. Steward’s hands.
(35) Arthur tore it in half and tossed the pieces onto the table.
(36) Maybe some eccentric millionaire is doing it.
(37) Norma slid beneath the covers.
(38) Norma almost hung up.
(39) That’s crazy.
(40) Norma stiffened.
(41) She glared at the carton as she unlocked the door.
(42) Norma looked disgusted, “Murder”.
(43) Some diseased native in the Congo.
(44) Arthur countered.
(45) She shuddered.
(46) Arthur’s voice was guarded.
(47) See if there would be guilt, anxiety, ever what.
(48) Norma remained at the table staring into her coffee.
(49) While she was stacking dishes, she turned abruptly.
(50) “How ridiculous!” the thought.
(51) She made a contemptuous noise.
(52) The shoving crowd pushed Arthur from the platform in front of the train.
(53) Abruptly she began to smash it on the sink edge.
(54) She whirled with a gasp as the telephone rang.
(55) They want to know what average people would do under such a circumstance!
(56) Norma started at a small man.