Solved General Knowledge Chemistry Questions for PPSC, NTS, CSS, FPSC, OTS, PTS Exams and Interviews
This post contains Solved General Knowledge Chemistry Questions for PPSC, NTS, CSS, FPSC, OTS, PTS Exams and Interviews. This is the 4th post of Chemistry MCQs 1st series. MCQs are taken from Caravan Comprehensive Book. People looking forward to participating in competitive exams can get the benefit from this post. These Chemistry Objective Type questions are also for ECAT and MCAT Entry test practice. For more MCQs of Chemistry Click This Link.
Chemistry MCQ with Answers for Competitive Exams
This post’s MCQs are starting from No.46. For previous Chemistry Quiz Visit This Link.
46. The rate of chemical reaction depends on the nature of chemical reactants, because?
(a) Energy of activation differs from one reactant to another
(b) Some of the reactants are solid at room temperature
(c) Some of the reactants are coloured
(d) All are correct
47. A closed flask contains water in all its three states, solids liquid and vapor at 0°C. In this situation the average K.E of the water molecule will be?
(a) Maximum in vapor state
(b) Maximum in solid state
(c) Greater in the liquid than in vapor state
(d) Same in all the three states
48. The reaction taking place at anode and cathode are respectively?
(a) Oxidation, reduction
(b) Reduction, oxidation
(c) Reduction, hydrolysis
(d) Oxidation, hydrolysis
49. During electrolysis, metals are deposited at the cathode, because the cathode?
(a) Supplies electrons
(b) Withdraw electrons
(c) Undergoes oxidation
(d) None is correct
50. With the rise in temperature conductivity of metals?
(c) Remains unchanged
(d) May decrease or increase
51. Heavy water is known as heavy because it?
(a) is denser than ordinary water
(b) Is an oxide of deuterium
(c) Has a heavy or bad tastes
(d) Has a beaver isotope of hydrogen
52. On descending a group in a periodic table electropositive character of elements?
(c) Remains same
53. In the periodic table on moving from left to right across a period, the metallic character of an element?
(c) Increases and then decreases
(d) Remains constant
54. Mendeleev’s periodic table is upset by the fact that?
(a) Noble gases do not form compounds
(b) Atomic weight of elements are not always whole numbers
(c) Many elements have several isotopes
(d) Some groups stand divided into two subgroups A and B
55. Most of the known elements are?
(c) Transition metals
(d) Inner transition metals
56. Stainless steel does not rust because?
(a) Nickel present in it does not rust
(b) Iron forms a hard chemical compound with chromium present in it
(c) Chromium and nickel combine with iron
(d) Chromium forms an oxide layer that protects iron from rusting
57. The engines of the rocket that helped the Apollo ll spacecraft to land on the moon used for rocket fuel power?
58. Many people died in London in 1952 as a result of air pollution caused by?
59. Fluorocarbons are effective scavenger for ozone due to ___________.
(a) Photolytic reaction of 02 producing Cl radicals
(b) Photolytic decomposition of 03 producing 02
(c) Photolytic decomposition of 03 into Cl and 02 check karma hey
(d) Photolytic production of oxides of nitrogen
60. Detergents are better than soaps because?
(a) They wash clothes better
(b) Absorb the hardness of water
(c) They are less affected by hard water
(d) They are less soapy
For Next Chemistry Questions and Answers Quiz Click Here.
If you find any mistake in the post, please inform us in the comment section.