Chemistry Questions and Answers for NTS, PPSC, PMS, CSS, FPSC, PTS, OTS Tests and Interviews
This post has Chemistry Questions and Answers for NTS, PPSC, PMS, CSS, FPSC, PTS, OTS Tests and Interviews. This is the 3rd post of Chemistry Quiz 1st series. MCQs are taken from Caravan Comprehensive Book for people who are looking for job test preparation online. Students who are willing to appear in Entry Tests like ECAT, MCAT also can practice these Chemistry Answers to Questions Quiz. Some other Chemistry MCQs are also available.
Chemistry Answers to Questions for Competitive Exams Online Preparation
Counting of this quiz mcqs is starting from 31. For previous MCQs Go Here.
31. A gas can be liquefied by pressure alone when its temperature is?
(a) Higher than the critical temperature
(b) Lower than its critical temperature
(c) Equal to its critical temperature
32. Gases can be compressed to a greater extent because?
(a) Molecules are elastic
(b) There is no gap between molecules
(c) These are lighter than liquids
(d) There is a large space between the molecules
33. The cooling caused by the expansion of a compressed gas below its inversion temperature without doing external work is called?
(a) Joule Thomson effect
(b) Adiabatic demagnetism
(c) Faraday Tyndall effect
(d) Compton effect
34. Which of the following solutions will have the highest boiling point?
(a) 1% glucose in water
(b) 1% Sucrose in water
(c) 1% NaCl in water
(d) 1% CaCl2 in water
35. Sea water is converted into fresh water by using the phenomenon of_______.
(c) Reverse osmosis
36. When glycerin is added to a liter of water, which of the following is observed?
(a) Water evaporates more easily
(b) The temperature of water increases
(c) The freezing point of water is lowered
(d) The viscosity of water is lowered
37. At high altitudes the boiling point of water decreases because?
(a) Atmospheric pressure is low
(b) Temperature is low
(c) Atmospheric pressure is high
(d) Water is cold
38. A pressure cooker reduces cooking time because?
(a) Heat is more evenly distributed
(b) B.P. of water inside the cooker is increased
(c) The high pressure tenderises the food
(d) A longer flame is used
39. Smoke is an example of__________.
(a) Gas dispersed in liquid
(b) Gas dispersed in solid
(c) Solid dispersed in gas
(d) Solid dispersed in solid
40. Milk is a colloid in which________.
(a) A liquid is dispersed in a liquid
(b) A solid is dispersed in a liquid
(c) A gas is dispersed in a liquid
(d) Some sugar is dispersed in water
41. Butter is a colloid. It is formed when_____.
(a) Fat is dispersed in solid casein
(b) Fat globul are dispersed in water
(c) Water is despersed in fat
(d) Globulin is suspended in H20 (theek karma hey)
42. Milk can be preserved by a few drops of__________.
(a) Formic acid solution
(b) Formaldehyde solution
(c) Acetic acid solution
(d) Acetaldehyde solution
43. Detergent action of soaps and synthetic detergents is due to their?
(a) Interfacial area
(b) High molecular weight
(d) Emulsifying properties
44. Gelatin is often used as an ingredient in the manufacture of ice cream. The purpose of adding gelatin is_______.
(a) To prevent formation of colloidal solution
(b) To stabilize the colloids and prevent Crystal growth
(c) To improve the flavour
(d) To increase the bulk
45. Digestion of fats in the intestines is aided by ___________.
For Next Chemistry Questions and Answers Quiz Click Here.
If you find any mistake in the post, please inform us in the comment section.