Physics Objective Questions and Answers for NTS, PPSC, CSS, FPSC, PMS, OTS, PTS Tests and Interviews
This post contains Physics Objective Questions and Answers for NTS, PPSC, CSS, FPSC, PMS, OTS, PTS Tests and Interviews. This is the 4th post of Physics Quiz Series. These Objective Physics Questions and Answers are to prepare online competitive exams. MCQs are taken from Caravan Comprehensive GK Book. For more Physics Objective Type Questions Visit This Link.
Objective Physics Questions and Answers for Competitive Exams
The counting is starting from 61. For previous MCQs Click Here.
61. The weight of a given object is maximum _______.
(a) At the bottom of a 500 ft deep mine
(b) At the top of a mountain 5,000 ft high
(c) At a distance of 100 km above the earth’s surface
(d) At the surface of the earth
62. The flow of heat from a hot to a cold body is an example of _______.
(a) Adiabatic process
(b) Irreversible process
(c) Reversible process
(d) Isothermal process
63. What makes the air coming out of a punctured tyre cool?
(a) Adiabatic expansion
(b) Flowathigh speed
(c) Isothermal expansion
(d) None of the above
64. It takes much longer to cook things in the hills than in the plains, because_______.
(a) Atmospheric pressure is high in the hills and water boils at a higher temperature
(b) Atmospheric pressure is lower and water boils at a lower temperature
(c) Due to low atmospheric pressure in the hills, the boiling point of water is raised and therefore water takes longer to boil
(d) The humid atmosphere in the hills absorbs a lot of heat, leaving very little for the cooking
65. The working of optical fibres is based on the____________of electromagnetic waves.
(c) Total internal reflection
66. The needle of a magnetic compass______.
(a) Is affected only by permanent magnetics
(b) Rotates in the magnetic field of an electric Current
(c) Aligns itself parallel to a magnetic field
(d) Aligns itself perpendicular to a magnetic field
67. Which of the following is true for capacitors in series?
(a) The total capacitance is the sum of the individual capacitance
(b) The total charge is the sum of the charges on each capacitor
(c) The total voltage is the sum of the voltage across each capacitor
(d) The availabie charge is shared between two or more capacitors
68. Condenser is used _________.
(a) To produce charge
(b) To change the direction of current
(c) To collect the charge
(d) As a good conductor of electricity
69. All the following statements are correct, except ________.
(a) The presence of moisture in the air reduces the conductivity of charge
(b) When a body is charged positively. some electrons escape from it
(c) A body is said to be negatively charged when it has got some electrons
(d) None of the above statements is correct
70. Two parallel wires carrying current in the opposite direction_________.
(a) Attracteach other
(b) Repel each other
(c) Do not exert any force on each other
(d) None of these
71. A car is running on a road at a uniform speed of 60 km/hr. The net resultant force on the car is ________.
(a) Driving force in the direction of car’s motion
(b) Resistance force opposite to the direction of car’s motion
(c) Aninciined force
(d) Equal to zero
72. Which one of the following is not an advantage of AC over DC?
(a) The AC sows skin effect
(b) In AC a wide range of voltages is possible
(c) Lines loss in AC transmission lines are negligible
(d) In AC the magnitude of the current can be reduced bv a choke
73. Which of the following instruments may be used to measure A.C?
(b) Hot-wire ammeter
(c) Moving coil glavanometer
(d) None of these
74. Copper wires are generally used for electrical power transmission instead of iron wires because______.
(a) Copper is a better conductor than iron
(b) Copper is cheaper than iron
(c) Copper can take higher power than iron
(d) Copper is lighter than iron
75. Permanent magnets are made from ________.
(a) Diamagnetic substances
(b) Ferromagnetic substances
(c) Paramagnetic substances
(d) Dielectric substances
76. Which one of the following is not an advantage of three phase system of the electric power supply over one phase system?
(a) The output voltage is higher
(b) The power consumption is less
(c) The total output is almost constant
(d) The output of a 3-phase machine is greater than that of a single phase machine
77. Ball bearings are used to reduce friction by:
(a) Applying lubricants to the balls used
(b) Reducing the area of contact with the use of metallic balls
(c) Increasing the area of contact with the use of metallic balls
(d) None of these
78. An electric motor runs on which principle?
(3) Electrical energy can be converted into chemical energy in the presence of magnetic fields
(b) A conductor carrying current in the direction perpendicular to the external magnetic field feels a force
(c) The current flowing through a conductor causes generation of heat that drives the engine
(d) Changing magnetic field induces an electromotive force in a conductor
79. Which of the following functions is performed by a photocell?
(a) It converts chemical energy into electrical energy
(b) it converts magnetic energy into electrical energy
(c) It converts light energy into electrical energy
(d) It converts electrical energy into light energy
80. Electronics is the study of _________.
(a) Flow of molecules
(b) Flow of electrons
(c) Flow of photons
(d) All are true
For next quiz on Physics Objective Questions Click This Link.
If there is any mistake in the post, please point out in the comment section.