Quiz On Physics for NTS, PPSC, CSS, FPSC, PMS, OTS, PTS and Interviews Preparation
This post contains Quiz On Physics for NTS, PPSC, CSS, FPSC, PMS, OTS, PTS and Interviews Preparation. This is the 5th post of Physics Quiz series. These Physics GK questions and answers are posted here for online preparation of different Entry tests and competitive exams and interviews. MCQs are taken from Caravan Comprehensive book. For more, visit Physics MCQs.
Physics Quiz for Online Preparation of Competitive Exams
Counting is starting from 81. For previous Post Visit This Link.
81. A car and a loaded truck are moving with the same speed along a road. As compared to the truck, the car shall possess
(a) More kinetic energy
(b) More potential energy
(c) Less kinetic energy
(d) More mechanical energy
82. When a moving bus stops suddenly, the passengers are pushed forward because of the ______.
(a) Friction between the earth and the bus
(b) Friction between the passengers and the earth
(c) The inertia of the passengers
(d) The inertia of the bus
83. Erect and virtual images are always produced by______.
(a) Plane and convex mirrors
(b) Plane mirrors alone
(c) Concave and convex mirrors
(d) Concave mirrors alone
84. The working of the receiver of a telephone depends upon the________.
(a) Change in magnetisation of an electromagnet, which causes a diaphragm to vibrate
(b) The efficiency of the loudspeaker which enhances the loudness of sound.
(c) Conversion of the electric signal, after its amplification into the sound wave.
(d) The diaphragm which is made to vibrate by the incoming sound wave.
85. An old man, unable to apply a large force, wishes to use a screw jack for lifting his car wheels. if L is the length of the rod used to turn the jack and p is the pitch of jack screw, then he should use a jack in which ________.
(a) L is large and p is large
(b) L is small and p is large
(c) L is large and p is small
(d) L is small and p is small
86. The hydraulic brakes used in automobiles is a direct application of_____.
(a) Archimede’s principle
(b) Toricellian law
(c) Bernoulli’s theorem
(d) Pascal’s law
87. In TV, transmission_______.
(a) Sound and video signals are transmitted simultaneously
(b) Sound is transmitted first and then the video signal follows
(c) Video signal is transmitted first. followed by sound signal
(d) Sound and video signals are transmitted from different places at the same time
88. Surface tension in a liquid is due to _________.
(a) The adhesive force between the molecules
(b) Cohesive force between the molecules
(c) The gravitational force between the molecules
(d) Electrical force between the molecules
89. Springs of shock absorbers of automobiles and railway coaches are made of steel and not of rubber because steel is _________.
(a) More durable than rubber
(b) Less expensive than rubber in the long run
(c) Less elastic than rubber
(d) More elastic than rubber
90. Why does the mercury column in the barometer fall rapidly before a severe storm?
(a) It is due to decrease in humidity in the air
(b) It is due to the rise in atmospheric pressure
(c) It is due to the fall in atmospheric pressure
(d) It is due to the severe heat energy from the sun
91. Why does water boil below 100°C at higher altitudes?
(a) There is a lesser dissipation of heat at higher altitudes
(b) Water available at higher altitudes is purer than that in the plains
(c) Pollution-free air at higher altitudes increases the calorific value of fuel used
(d) The atmospheric pressure at higher altitudes is low as compared to that at sea level
92. The speed of sound is maximum through which of the following?
93. Echo is the effect produced due to ________.
(a) Absorption of sound
(b) Dispersion of sound
(c) Reflection of sound
(d) Refraction of sound
94. In a photographic camera fitted with a convex lens, which of the following types of images will be formed on the film?
(a) Erect and real
(b) inverted and real
(c) imaginary and erect
(d) The type of image formed will depend on the distance between the lens and the object
95. In the modem-day computers, when operational, the electrical impulses travel_______.
(a) At the speed of sound
(b) At seven times the speed of sound
(c) At half the speed of light
(d) Nearly at the speed of light
96. A magnet freely suspended by means of a string will always set itself in which of the following directions?
97. Why are shields made of iron usually provided around precision instruments?
(a) For protection against the effect of external magnetic fields
(b) For guarding the instruments against unauthorised handling
(c) For protection against the effect of moisture in the air
(d) For absorbing heat generated during the functioning of the instrument
98. Why are transformers used in the transmission of electric power?
(a) Because they speed up the transmission
(b) Because they can conserve electrical energy
(c) Because they can reduce transmission losses
(d) Because they help to distribute electrical energy efficiently
99. A mixture of which of the following gases is used in the manufacture of electric bulbs?
(a) Nitrogen and Argon
(b) Nitrogen and Oxygen
(c) Oxygen and Argon
(d) Oxygen and Hydrogen
100. A fresh egg sinks in pure water, whereas it floats in saturated salty water. This is due to _______.
(a) Higher density of the salty water
(b) Higher density of the pure water
(0) The fluid matter inside the egg-shell
(d) The fact that the egg-shell is made of calcium which is heavier than pure water
To practice Next Physics Quiz Click Here.
MCQs of this Quiz on Physics are posted carefully. But, if you find any mistake, inform us in the comment section.