General Physics Questions and Answers | Physics Questions for competitive exams
Here is post based on Physics Quiz Questions for NTS, PPSC, CSS, FPSC, PMS, OTS, PTS and Interviews online preparation. This is the 9th post of this Quiz of Physics Series. This physics objective question and answer based post is for students and job seekers for preparation of entry tests and job tests. MCQs are taken from Caravan Comprehensive book. For more, you can visit Physics MCQs main category.
Physics Quiz Questions for NTS, PPSC, CSS, FPSC, PMS, OTS, PTS and Interviews preparation
MCQs are starting from No.161. For the previous Quiz on Physics Go here.
161. A bomb is dropped at a point from a moving aeroplane. The pilot observes that______.
(a) The bomb traverses a curved path and falls some distance behind that point
(b) The bomb traverses a curved path and falls some distance ahead
(c) The bomb drops vertically downward
(d) The bomb remains stationary in the air for some time
162. When light passes from air into the glass it experiences the change in______.
(a) Frequency and wavelength
(b) Frequency and speed
(c) Wavelength and speed
(d) Frequency, wavelength and speed
163. A person sitting in an open car moving at constant velocity throws a ball vertically upwards in the air. If the effect of air resistance is neglected, the ball will fall_______.
(a) Exactly in hands of the person
(b) Outside the cars
(c) in the car behind the person
(d) In the car ahead of the person
164. The difference between a nuclear reactor and an atomic bomb is that________.
(a) No chain reaction takes place in the nuclear reactor while in the atomic bomb there is a chain reaction
(b) No chain reaction takes place in atomic bomb while it takes place in a nuclear reactor
(c) The chain reaction in the nuclear reactor is controlled
(d) The chain reaction in the nuclear reactor is not controlled
165. One should not connect a number of electric appliances to the same power socket because________.
(a) The appliances will not get full voltage
(b) The appliances will not get proper current
(c) This can damage the appliances
(d) This can damage the domestic wiring due to overheating
166. A ship rises as it enters the sea from a river because of the_______.
(a) Water in the sea is hard water
(b) The larger quantity of water in the sea pushes the ship upwards
(c) Density of Sea water is lower than that of the river water
(d) Density of Sea water is higher than that of the river water
167. When a vehicle passes, TV reception gets distorted. This is because________.
(a) Metal reflects radiowaves
(b) Spark plug creates electromagnetic disturbances
(c) Passing vehicle affects the sophisticated TV components
(d) Modern vehicles use the electronic ignition system
168. Tiredness is felt on the top of the mountains because of:
(a) High temperature
(b) Low temperature
(c) High pressure outside the body
(d) Low pressure outside the body
169. Why is a cyclist required to bend inwards while moving in a circular path?
(a) To keep the vehicle on the road
(b) To make the centre of gravity fall with the base
(c) To produce the necessary centripetal force required to keep him moving in a curved path
(d) None of these
170. Heat received by earth from the Sun is known as______.
(b) Solar radiation
(c) Solar heat
(d) Thermal radiation
171. Special theory of relativity was proposed by _______.
(a) Isaac Newton
(b) Albert Einstein
(d) Robert Hook
172. Isaac Newton gave______.
(a) Law of Planetary Motion
(b) Laws of Motion and Laws of Gravitation
(c) Law of Geometry
(d) None of these
173. The celebrated scientist Isaac Newton was_______.
174. Mechanics is the study of ________.
(a) Forces acting on bodies
(b) Movement of bodies
(c) Angle of bodies
(d) Shape of bodies
175. Sodium chloride is commonly called as ________.
(a) Washing soda
(c) Common salt
(d) Plaster of Paris
176. Dynamics is the study of ________.
(a) Movements of earth
(b) Movement of bodies
(c) Angles of bodies
(d) Forces acting on bodies
177. Which instrument is used to measure very high temperature?
178. Which of the following layer of atmosphere make radio transmission possible?
179. What is the speed of sound in dry air?
(a) 500 km/s
(b) 550 km/s
(c) 610 km/s
(d) 710 km/s
180. Which instrument is used to measure minute electrical currents?
For more Physics Quiz Questions you can try next Quiz of Physics.
If you find any mistake in the post, inform us in the comment section.