Solved Physics Questions for NTS, PPSC, CSS, FPSC, PMS, OTS, PTS Tests and Interviews
This post is about Solved Physics Questions for NTS, PPSC, CSS, FPSC, PMS, OTS, PTS Tests and Interviews. This is the 3rd post of Physics Quiz series. This post contains Physics MCQ Questions and Answers for Competitive Exams. MCQs are taken from Caravan Comprehensive GK Book. For more Physics Questions and Answers you can Go Here.
Physics MCQ Questions and Answers for Competitive Exams
The counting of MCQs is starting from 41. For previous MCQs Click Here.
41. The atmosphere exerts enormous pressure on us. But we do not feel it because________.
(a) We are used to it
(b) Our bones are very strong and can withstand this pressure
(c) The surface area of our head is very small
(d) Our blood exerts a pressure slightly more than that of the atmosphere.
42. Lightning is formed when ____________.
(a) Similar charges of electricity rush towards each other and then get repelled
(b) Clouds strike against impurities in the air and the friction burns up these impurities.
(c) Strong opposite charges in different clouds break down the resistance offered by the intervening air.
(d) Water vapour produces electricity in the clouds.
43. A semi-conductor is also used as __________.
(c) Electronic motor
44. The wave which does not require any medium is__________.
(a) Sound wave
(c) Electromagnetic waves
(d) Water waves
45. Radio waves are_______.
(a) Sound waves
(b) Electromagnetic waves
(c) Water waves
(d) Heat waves
46. A.C. voltage is _______.
(b) Digital quantity
(c) Analogue quantity
47. In Binary system, the figure 361 is written as________.
48. The device which converts analogue signal to digital signal is called _______.
49. For making laser, usually we use_______.
50. Argon laser is used for operating the________.
(a) Eye cancer
(c) Kidney stone
(d) Bone disease
51. When light enters from rare to denser medium, it bends towards the normal line, it is called_______.
(a) Reflection of light
(b) Diffraction of light
(c) Refraction of light
(d) Absorption of light
52. Electromagnetic waves travel with the ________.
(a) Speed of light
(b) Speed of sound
(c) Speed of earth rotation
(d) Speed of sun rotation
53. Sound travels faster in________.
(a) Dry air than in water
(b) Wood than in iron
(c) Iron than in air
(d) Hydrogen than in water
54. Soldiers crossing a suspension bridge, always break steps, in case the frequency of vibration of their marching should coincide with that of the bridge and this is because of the phenomenon of______.
(a) Refraction of sound
(b) Reverberation of sound
(c) Resonance of sound
(d) Echolocation of sound
55. On passing through foodstuff, the x-ray can kill the________.
56. Which of the following gives the correct descending order of elasticity in the substances?
(a) Rubber, silver, glass
(b) Silver, rubber, steel
(c) Steel, silver, rubber
(d) All have equal elasticity
57. Which of the following colour of light travel through, glass with minimum speed?
58. A Polaroid is_____.
(a) A red light filter
(b) A device used for analysing polarized light
(c) A device used in the polarimeter
(d) An adjustable shutter
59. When a beam of light is passed through a transparent medium, however clear or homogeneous the medium may be, there is always a certain amount of light scattered sideways, out of the beam. This is known as ________.
(a) Rayleigh scattering
(c) Raman effect
(d) None of the above
60. The phenomenon of land and sea breeze is as a result of ________.
(d) None of these
Visit This for next post on Phyiscs Questions and Answers.
If there is any mistake in the post, inform us in the comment section.