MCQs of Chemistry for NTS, PPSC, CSS, PMS, FPSC, OTS, PTS Test and Interview Preparation
This Post contains MCQs of Chemistry for NTS, PPSC, CSS, PMS, FPSC, OTS, PTS Test and Interview Preparation. This is the 2nd post in Chemistry MCQs quiz series. MCQs are taken from Caravan Comprehensive book for practice for job seekers and students who want to take part in MCAT, ECAT tests. For more Chemistry Quizzes Click Here.
Chemistry MCQs for Competitive Exams
Counting of this Quiz is starting from 16. Previous MCQs of Chemistry are Available Here.
16. X-rays are produced when a stream of electrons in an X-ray tube?
(a) Hits the glass wall of the tube
(b) Strikes metal target
(c) Pass through a strong magnetic field
17. In the periodic table, elements have been arranged?
(a) In order of increasing volume
(b) In order of increasing atomic number
(c) In order of increasing atomic weights
(d) In order of increasing density
18. Which group of elements in the periodic table show highest first ionisation potential. Elements in the_______.
(a) Left hand top corner
(b) Left hand bottom corner
(c) Right hand top corner
(d) Right hand bottom corner
19. When we move from left to right in second period, the atomic volume of the element?
(b) Increases with constant state
(d) None of these
20. Generally in a given period in the periodic table, as we move from left to right, the electropositive character of elements_______.
(c) Neither increases nor decreases
(d) Decreases then increases
21. Atom bomb is based on the principle of ______.
(a) Nuclear fusion
(b) Nuclear fission
(d) Nuclear fission and fusion both
22. Oxidation involves:
(a) Gain in electrons
(b) Gain of hydrogen
(c) Loss of electrons
23. The substances are radioactive, which have_________.
(a) Electrons in their nuclei
(b) Nuclei with less number of neutrons
(c) Unstable nuclei
(d) Electrons removed from the outermost shell
24. When nuclear energy is intended to be harnessed for generation of electricity, potentially destructive neutrons released in a nuclear reactor are absorbed by?
(a) Heavy water
(b) Long rods of Cd
(c) Cubical blocks of steel
(d) A pile of blocks made of graphite
25. Nuclear power reactors are operated at low temperatures and consequently with lower efficiency because?
(a) Nuclear heat is carried by ordinary steam
(b) Uranium is difficult to heat
(c) The walls of nuclear reactors can not withstand high temperature
(d) High pressure inside the reactor reduces the temperature
26. The energy emitted from the sun is supposed to be due to______.
(a) Nuclear fission
(b) Nuclear fusion
(c) Combustion of hydrogen
(d) Combustion of He
(e) Radioactive disintegration
27. In a hydrogen bomb, hydrogen is converted into?
28. When two ice cubes are pressed over each other they unite to form one cube. Which of the following force is responsible for holding them together?
(a) Vander Walls forces
(b) Covalent attraction
(c) Hydrogen bond formation
(d) Dipole attraction
29. The high boiling point of water is due to?
(a) Weak dissociation of water molecule
(b) Hydrogen bonding among water molecules
(c) Its high specific heat
(d) Its high dielectric constant
30. Ice has an open structure compared to water due to which it floats on water and occupies a greater volume of space. The open structure of ice is due to?
(a) Solid state of ice
(b) Its low density
(c) Crystalline nature
(d) Hydrogen bonding
For More Chemistry MCQs Visit This.
If you find any mistake in the post, please inform us in the comment section.