Chemistry Quiz for NTS, PPSC, CSS, FPSC, PMS, OTS, PTS Tests and Interviews
This post contains Chemistry Quiz Questions for NTS, PPSC, CSS, FPSC, PMS, OTS, PTS Tests and Interviews. This is the first post in Chemistry Quiz series. MCQs are taken from Caravan Comprehensive book. These Multiple Choice Questions of Chemistry are posted here for preparation of Job tests and Entry tests like MCAT and ECAT etc. Visit This for Next Chemistry Quiz.
Chemistry Quiz Questions for Competitive Exams
1. Which of the following gases is used in me extinguishers?
(c) Water vapor
(d) Carbon dioxide
2. Stains of rust from iron on cloth can be removed by ______.
(a) Hydrogen peroxide
(c) Oxalic acid
3. Cooking gas is a mixture of which of the following two gases?
(a) Methane and Carbon dioxide
(b) Oxygen and Nitrogen
(c) Bautane and Propane
(d) Oxygen and Methane
4. Nameplates made of brass get discolored in air because of the presence of which of the following gases in the air?
(c) Carbon dioxide
(d) Hydrogen sulphide
5. On addition of salt to water, its______.
(a) Boiling point increases
(b) Boiling point decreases
(c) Boiling point is not affected
(d) Freezing point increases
6. Which of the following gases does not pollute air?
(a) Carbon dioxide
(b) Carbon monoxide
(c) Nitrogen dioxide
(d) Sulphur dioxide
7. The inorganic natural resource of the earth is________.
(a) Mineral fuels
8. Which one of the following has the highest fuel value?
9. The characteristic odour of garlic is due to ________.
(a) A chloro compound
(b) A sulphur compound
(c) A fluorine compound
(d) Acetic acid
10. Which of the following group of compounds constitute carbohydrates?
(a) Fats and sugar
(b) Fats, sugar and proteins
(c) Starch, sugar and proteins
(d) Starch and sugar
11. What is the chemical name of Baking Soda?
(a) Sodium bicarbonate
(b) Sodium Nitrate
(c) Sodium Carbonate
12. Milk lacks in one important nutrient, which?
13. Ripening of fruits is hastened by which of the following gases?
(b) Carbon dioxide
14. Iron articles rust because of the formation of _______.
(a) ferrous chloride
(b) a mixture of ferrous and ferric hydroxide
(c) sodium carbonate
(d) ferric chloride
15. Gunpowder consists of _______.
(a) 75% potassium nitrite + 15% charcoal + 10% Sulphur
(b) 75% potassium nitrite + 10% charcoal + 15% Sulphur
(c) 75% potassium nitrate + 10% charcoal + 15% Sulphur
(d) 75% potassium nitrate + 15% charcoal + 10% Sulphur
For Next Chemistry Quiz Click Here.
This Quiz on Chemistry is prepared carefully. However, If you find any mistake in the post, please inform us in the comment section.