In this post, you will get 11th Class English Book 1 Lesson 15 The Angel and the Author Synonyms MCQs for FSC 1st Year Students. This is the last short story in 11th Class English Book 1. I have tried to make this post a quiz to make the preparation easy for the students. Intermediate Part 1 Students should also visit 1st Year Short Stories Notes to find all the notes from Book 1. However, by going here they can avail complete English Notes like English Book 1 and English Book 3 along with Grammar Notes. Click Here to visit All Subjects Notes for Class 11. Follow us on Facebook and subscribe to us on Youtube.
The Angel and the Author and Others – 1st Year English Book 1 Chapter 15 Synonyms MCQs
Here are a total of 25 Synonyms MCQs from The Angel and the Author Short Story. You will see 4 possible options under 1st Year English Lesson 15 Synonyms MCQs. One is correct, find it.
1. I had a vexing dream on night, not long ago.
2. Later nothing remained but a faint luminosity buried beneath darkness.
3. Later nothing remained but a fain luminosity buried beneath darkens.
4. I heard behind me the slow, throbbing sound of wings.
5. He had a weary look; I judged him to be tired.
6. The squire was shoveling out plum pudding to the villagers.
(A) scooping out
(B) making out
(C) taking off
7. It makes me yearn to borrow a collecting box and go round doing good myself.
8. The lovely sentiments we go about repeating!
9. The writer thinks of the good deeds he has done.
10. The writer thinks of keeping a diary, jotting down his good deeds each day.
11. I did not really doubt his care and conscientiousness.
12. “My five shillings” subscription to the Daily Telegraph’s Sixpenny Fund for the Unemployed…
13. He interrupted me with the assurance that my attendance had been noted.
(A) relied on
(B) broke in on
(C) looked at
14. All the celebrities one had never heard of had turned up to a man.
15. There was nothing to grumble at.
(A) pounce upon
(B) be glad at
(C) complain against
(D) trust in
16. But I did remember the rummage sale to which I sent all my old clothes.
(A) regular sale
(B) bumper sale
(C) sale of antique things
(D) sale of second hand things
17. And also the raffle I had joined for a motor-car.
18. The Angel said I really need not be alarmed.
19. The angel appears to have made a slight mistake.
21. I had a vexing dream one night a fortnight after Christmas.
(A) two months
(B) a score
(C) two days
(D) two weeks
22. It was a bulky looking volume.
(C) bather bound
23. It is always pleasant to chat about one self.
(B) look about
24. Expenses, when you come to add refreshments mount up.
25. I could not remember them at the time in their entirety.
- The Angel and the Author and Others Urdu Translation
- The Angel and the Author and Others Solved MCQs
- The Angel and the Author and Others Short Questions