Solved General Knowledge Test for Recruitment to the Post of Provincial Management Service, etc. | Set 02
Here is the 2nd Part of Solved Past General Knowledge Test for the Post of Provincial Management Service, etc. This is General Knowledge Test for this post.
This General Knowledge MCQs test was held in 2015 for the post of BS-17.
26. Who is the Chairman of Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA)?
(A) Absar Alam
(B) Pervez Rathore
(C) Chaudhry Rashid
(D) Rauf Klasra
27. Sharmeen Obaid Chinoy of Pakistan won an Oscar Award for the best documentary film. What was the title of the film?
(A) Acid Burns
(B) Desperate Women
(C) Dark Shadows
(D) Saving Face
28. “Chauburji” in Lahore is one of the famous monuments belonging to the Mughal period. It was reportedly built as a gateway to a beautiful garden built for Princess Zebunissa. She was an accomplished daughter of which Mughal Emperor?
(A) Shah Jahan
29. Which of the following is not necessary for a stand-alone computer?
(B) Hard Disk
(C) Operating system
(D) LAN Card
30. LED technology is energy efficient. What does LED stand for?
(A) Low Energy Data
(B) Law Energy Diode
(C) Light Emitting Diode
(D) None of these
31. Which among the following is the odd one out?
(D) Hard Disk
32. What was the code name given to United States Navy SEALS operation leading to the elimination of Osama bin Laden in Abbottabad?
(B) Neptune Spear
33. Pedagogy is the Science of:
(A) Children diseases
34. “World Economic Forum”, which holds its annual sessions in Davos, Switzerland, was founded by :
(A) Henry Kissinger
(B) Konrad Adenauer
(C) Schwab Klaus
(D) Christian Blocher
35. When was the right to vote given to women in Switzerland?
36. The Leaning Tower of Pisa is located in which country?
(D) The Netherland
37. U Thant was the first UN Secretary General from Asia. To which country did he belong to?
38. On which river is the Baglihar Dam being constructed by India?
39. How many Acres are there in one Hectare?
40. Liquids that evaporate quickly are known as ______________ liquids
41. If a ship travels from fresh water to a sea or ocean, it will:
(A) Rise a little higher
(B) Sink completely
(C) Sink a litter lower
(D) Remain unaffected
42. Which one of the following fruits / vegetable is a good source of potassium?
(C) Sweet potatoes
43. What is the chemical name of bleaching powder?
(A) Calcium Hypochlorite
(B) Calcium Chlorate
(C) Calcium Chloride
44. Which one of the following countries expelled the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) in 1970?
45. Which actor played the role of Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah in the feature film “Jinnah” directed by Jamil Dehalvi?
(A) Nusli Wadia
(B) Ben Kingsley
(C) Christopher Lee
(D) Peter O Toole
46. The Oscar Award winning film “Slumdog Millionaire” is based on the book “Q and A” written by
(A) Hanif Kureishi
(B) Shashi Tharcor
(C) Vikas Swarup
(D) Mohsin Hamid
47. What was the real name of the famous Pakistani actor Santosh Kumar?
(A) Nazir Baig
(B) Syed Mushtaq Razvi
(C) Sed Musa Raza
(D) Younas Khan
48. Which one of the following Greenhouse gases has the greatest warming effect?
49. Climate Change Conference COP21 was held in Paris. Where was COP20 held?
(D) New York
50. Which of the following species is endemic to Pakistan?
(A) Indus River Dolphins
(B) Snow Leopards
(C) Gypsy Vultures
(D) Houbara Bustard
Other 3 Sets of this PPSC Past Paper are as under:-