PPC Past Paper | Written Test for Recruitment to the Post of Provincial Management Service, etc. Bs-17 (2015)
SUBJECT: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
Hereunder is a PPSC past paper for the post of Provincial Management Service, etc BS-17. This paper was held in 2015 and this paper is on General Knowledge subject.
1. Father of former US Secretary of State, Madeline Albright was also a member of the UN Commission on India and Pakistan and author of the book “Danger in Kashmir”. What was his name?
(A) Joseph Albright
(B) Joseph Korbel
(C) Owen Dixon
(D) Alistair Lamb
2. Former Prime Minister of Malaysia, Mahathir Mohammed, was by education a(n):
(C) Political Scientist
(D) Medical doctor
3. Epistemology is the study of:
4. Who was the leader of the 1958 coup in Iraq, which led to the proclamation of Iraq as a Republic?
(A) Sadam Hussain
(B) Nuri Ali Said
(C) Abdul Karim Qasim
(D) Fadhal Jamali
5. Majer Shabbir Sharif was awarded Nishan-e-Haider posthumously. Which other medal for bravery was he awarded during his career in the Army?
6. Which Indian personality served as the President of the UN General Assembly in 1953-54?
(A) S. Radha Krishan
(B) Gopalswamy Ayyengar
(C) V.K Krishna Menon
(D) Vijayalakshmi Pundit
7. Which organ of the United Nations all member states of UN are represented?
(A) Economic and Social Council
(B) General Assembly
(C) Security Council
(D) Human Rights Council
8. Ustad Allah Baksh was a famous _______________ of Pakistan?
(A) Classical singer
(B) Sitar Player
(C) Table player
9. Advisor to the Prime Minister on Foreign Affairs, Sartaj Aziz holds a Masters degree in Development Economics from:
(A) Cambridge University
(B) Harvard University
(C) Columbia University
(D) Karachi University
10. During his address to the UN General Assembly Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif proposed a new peace initiative with India starting with the implementation of four measures relating to the cease-fire along the LoC, non-use of force or threat to use force, demilitarization of Kashmir and ______________
(A) Settlement of Sir Creek dispute
(B) Wuller Barrage
(C) Withdrawal of forces from Siachin
(D) Normalisation of trade
11. UNFCC (un Framework Convention on Climate Change) was adopted during the Earth Summit at Rio de Janeiro (1992). When did it come into force?
(A) March 1994
(B) August 1995
(C) October 1996
(D) January 1994
12. De Beers is one of the biggest names in the diamond industry. Who was the founder of De Beers Consolidated Mining Company?
(A) John Cecil Rhodes
(B) Joseph D. Rockefeller
(C) John Krugger
(D) Rupert Murdoch
13. Who was the first UN High Commissioner for Human Rights?
(A) Mary Robinson
(B) Jose Ayala Lasso
(C) Navin Pillay
(D) Sadruddin Agha Khan
14. The Treaty of European Union (1992) is also known as:
(A) Treaty of the Hague
(B) Treaty of Brussels
(C) Maastricht Treaty
(D) Paris Accord (Treaty)
15. King Abdul Aziz Ibn Saud named the Kingdom of Hejaz and Najd as Saudi Arabia in:
16. Headquarters of the African Union (AU) located in :
(D) Addis Ababa
17. Which of the following Indian Nobel Prize winners is associated with economics?
(A) V.S. Naipaul
(B) Amartya Sen
(C) C.V. Raman
(D) Hargobind Khorana
18. The Earth takes about____________ to complete one rotation around its axis.
(A) 48 hours
(B) One month
(C) 24 hours
(D) 365 days
19. When a gas turns into a liquid he process called:
20. Yeast used in making of bread is a :
21. The disease Diphtheria affects the ___________ in the human body.
22. When was the first Nobel Prize awarded?
23. The Presidency of the United Nations Security Council rotates (in alphabetical order) among its members every:
(A) 6 months
(B) 3 months
(C) 2 months
(D) One month
24. UNESCO, which deals with Education Science and Culture, has its headquarters in :
(A) New Year
25. Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action (1992) deals with?
(A) International trade
(B) Rights and Status of Women
(C) Rights and Protection of Children
(D) Population control
Other 3 Sets of this PPSC Past Paper are as under:-