Solved MCQs on International Organizations and Agencies for NTS, PPSC, CSS and FPSC
This post is about Solved MCQs on International Organisations and Agencies for NTS, PPSC, CSS and FPSC job tests. These Multiple Choice Questions on International Organizations are posted in this post for training purpose. International Organisations and Agencies quiz is an opportunity for people who are preparing for job test online. These MCQs are taken from Caravan General Knowledge Book.
Multiple Choice Questions on International Organisations with Answers
If you like these MCQs on International Organisations Set 01, you should also visit MCQs on Interpol Agency.
1. When did Joseph Stalin, Franklin D Roosevelt and Winston Churchill met in Iran and agreed in Principle to form United Nations?
(a) October 1943
(b) August 1942
(c) September 1944
(d) November 1941
2. The United Nations General Assembly has designated, the year 2012 as the International Year of
(b) Planet Earth
(d) Sustainable Energy for All
3. Which of the following sets of four countries is responsible for forming the constitution of UNO in October 1944?
(a) The United States. England. France and Soviet Union
(b) United States, England, China and Soviet Union
(c) United States, Germany, China and Soviet Union
(d) United States, Canada, England and the Soviet Union
4. On June 26, 1945. at San Francisco, the United Nations Charter was signed by the delegates of how many countries ________
5. When did UNO formally come into existence?
(a) October 24, 1945
(b) September15, 1945
(c) August 20, 1945
(d) July 20, 1945
6. Which day is celebrated as United Nations Day?
(a) September 24
(b) August 24
(c) October 24
(d) November 24
7. United Nations emblem consists of
(a) Global map Projected from the South Pole and embraced in twin Olive branches
(b) Global map Projected from the North Pole and embraced in twin Olive branches
(c) Global map Projected from the North Pole and two branches of Olive branches with a Pigeon
(d) None of them
8. New members are admitted to the General Assembly of UNO on the recommendation of Security Council and
(a) A simple majority of members of General Assembly
(b) The two-thirds majority of members of General Assembly
(c) Three-fourth majority of members of General Assembly
(d) All the members of General Assembly
9. Pakistan joined UNO on ________
(a) 30 September 1947
(b) 30 August 1947
(c) 30 December 1948
(d) 30 September 1948
10. Today the membership of UNO has risen to
(a) 185 members
(b) 195 members
(c) 193 members
(d) 197 members
11. Which of the following countries was the second last member inducted in September 2002 UN General Assembly?
(a) Czech Republic
12. How many Principal bodies of the UNO are there?
13. The first Secretary-General of the United Nations was
(a) Mrs Vijay Lakshmi Pandit
(b) Trygue Lie
(c) Dag Hammarskjold
14. Which of the following countries was expelled from UNO when it did not accept the name as suggested by the UNO?
(b) South Africa
(c) Southern Rhodesia
15. The General Assembly discusses and makes recommendations on any subject mentioned in UN Charter except
(a) Those which are not allowed by the nonpermanent members of Security Council
(b) Those with which Security Council may be dealing
(c) Those which are disallowed by the majority of non-permanent members of Security Council
(d) None of them
16. The General Assembly meets every year in regular sessions beginning every year on
(a) 3 September
(b) 5 September
(c) 7 September
(d) 11 September
17. Security Council comprises of how many members?
18. Security Council comprises of 15 members. How many non-permanent members Securit Council has?
19. How many non-Permanent members are elected from Afro-Asian countries?
20. In the 15-member of UN Security Council, the ratio of the permanent members to the non-permanent members is
21. How many non-Permanent members are elected from West European Countries
22. The Presidency of the Security Council is held by each member country in rotation in alphabetical order of their names for a period of ___________.
(a) 3 months
(b) 6 months
(c) 1 month
(d) 2 months
23. Who among the following was the 7th Secretary-General of the United Nations Organisation?
(a) Bill Clinton
(b) Nelson Mandela
(c) Kofi Annan
(d) Boutros Ghali
24. The five permanent members of the Security Council of the UNO are ____________
(a) China, France, Italy, the United Kingdom and the United States
(b) China, Italy, Russian Federation, the United Kingdom and the United States
(c) China, Canda, Russian Federation, the United Kingdom and the United States
(d) China, France, Russian Federation, the United Kingdom and the United States
25. For how many years are the temporary members of the Security Council of the UNO are elected?
(a) On your
(b) Two years
(d) Five years
26. Which of the followmg does not have veto power in Security Council?
27. All the following countries are permanent members of the Security Council EXCEPT ______
28. The Economic and Social Council consists of representatives of how many countries elected by the two-thirds majority of General Assembly.
29. The members of Economic and Social Council are elected for three years. How many members are elected every year?
(d) None of them
30. International Court of Justice has its head office in ________
(a) Hague (Netherlands)
(b) New York (USA)
(c) Paris (France)
31. Who appoints the Judges of International Court of Justice?
(a) General Assembly only
(b) Security Council only
(c) Secretary-General of the UN
(d) General Assembly and Security Council
32. Which of following Muslim countries joined UNO on its first day i.e. 24 October 1945
(d) All of above
33. The Headquarters of the UNO is located at _________
(a) New York
(c) Washington DC
35. Pakistan and __________ gained the membership of UNO on 30 September, 1947
36. Which of following countries is not a member of UNO
(c) South Korea
37. The Secretary-General of UNO who died in an air-crash was _______
(a) Trygve Lie
(b) Dag Hammarskjold
(d) None of these
38. Match the following
A. ILO 1. Oil
B. WHO 2. Development
C. OPEC 3. Health
D. UNDP 4. Labour
. A B C D
(a) 4 3 1 2
(b) 4 2 1 3
(c) 3 4 1 2
(d) 2 1 3 4
39. Which UN Agency has its Headquarters in Paris?
40. How many Judges to the International Court of Justice are elected by the Security Council and General Assembly for the term of 9 years
41. What is the maximum number of judges who can be of the same nationality
(a) Two judges of the same nationality
(b) No two judges can be of the same nationality
(c) Three judges of the same nationality
(d) None of them
42. Name the Council which is entrusted with the job of safeguarding the interest of inhabitants of territories that are not yet fully self-governing
(a) Trusteeship Council
(b) Trust Council
(d) Trustee Council
43. How the Secretary-General of UNO is appointed
(a) Appointed by the Security Council
(b) General Assembly is the appointing authority
(c) Appointed by General Assembly on the recommendation of Security Council
(d) Appointed by Security Council on the recommendation of General Assembly
44. Who is the first Secretary General elected from the ranks of United Nations staff
(b) Dr Kurt Waldheim
(c) Kofi Annan
(d) Javier Perez De Cuellar
45. The term of Kofi Annan as a general secretary of UNO was from Ist January 1997 to
(a) 31 December 2007
(b) 30 June 2006
(c) 31 December 2006
(d) 30 June 2007
This post is being updated as on 23.04.2018. If you find any mistake or update, inform us in Comment Box.