This post contains Solved MCQs on Enzymology for students and other people who are looking for these Enzymology Multiple Choice Questions with Answers. You can prepare this Biochemistry Quiz online by practising them here on Ilmihub. I found a PDF file online with this Enzymology Quiz and posted these Solved MCQs of here for your convenience. You can Visit This Link for more important MCQs.
Solved MCQs- Enzymology Multiple Choice Questions with Answers – Biochemistry Quiz – Enzymology Quiz
1. Who is the father of enzymology?
a. Anton von Leeuwenhoek
b. Edward Howell
c. JB Sumner
d. John Northrop
2. Which of the following statement/s is/are correct?
a. The enzyme is a biocatalyst
b. Enzyme increases the rate of reaction
c. Enzyme decreases the activation energy of the reaction
d. All the above
3. Nature of the enzyme is_______.
4. An enzyme was crystallized for the first time by_________.
a. John Northrop
b. Edward Buchner
c. J.B. Sumner
5. Which of the following is correct?
a. Apoenzyme + Cofactor = Holoenzyme
b. Apoenzyme – Cofactor = Holoenzyme
c. Apoenzyme =Cofactor – Holoenzyme
6. Enzymes are classified into ________ types.
7. Competitive inhibitor of an enzyme is__________.
a. Structural analogue of enzyme
b. Functional analogue of enzyme
c. Functional analogue of substrate
d. Structural analogue of substrate
8. Majority of the enzymes are inactive at
a. At 25ºC
b. At 15ºC
c. Between 30-40ºC
d. Above 70ºC
9. Induced fit theory for the formation of Enzyme-Substrate complex was proposed by______.
b. Charles Leibeg
10. SI Unit for enzyme activity is
11. Which of the following is the reason for Gout disease?
a. Deficiency of Xanthine Oxidase enzyme
b. Overproduction of Xanthine Oxidase
c. Deficiency of ß-galactosidase enzyme
d. Deficiency of Lipase enzyme
12. Which of these enzymes is related to molecular biology?
a. DNA Ligase
b. DNA topoisomerase
d. All the above
13. Deficiency of the enzyme ß-glucocerebrosidase results in___________.
a. Gaucher’s Disease
b. Faber’s disease
c. Krabbe’s disease
d. Lesh-Nyhan Syndrome
14. The enzyme that differs in amino acid sequence but catalyzes the same reaction are_________.
15. The temperature at which the maximum activity of the enzyme occurs is_________.
a. Optimum temperature
b. Maximum Temperature
c. Minimum Temperature
16. The class of enzymes that catalyzes synthetic reactions where two molecules are joined together and ATP is used is___________.
17. The non-protein organic part of the enzyme is__________.
18. Pepsin and urease are examples for which class of enzymes?
19. Which of the following enzymes is elevated in alcoholism
b. Serum Glutamate Pyruvate Trasmittase
c. Acid Phosphatase
d. glutamyl transpeptidase
Please inform us in comment section, if you find any mistake in this quiz.