11th Class English Chapter 3 Dark They Were and Golden Eyed Multiple Choice Questions – Quiz
This post is about Class 11 English Book 1 Chapter 3, Dark They Were and Golden Eyed MCQs for FSC 1st Year students. These MCQs are comprehension based from the above-mentioned chapter. I have divided the MCQs of this lesson into 2 parts for the students of FSC Part 1. The MCQs in this post are based on comprehension and the other part is based on Synonyms MCQs. You may go through complete English Notes for 1st Year. You can also find the Questions and Answers of this lesson at this link.
Hereunder you will find the first 10 MCQs from the textbook of Class 11 and the other 26 MCQs from Kips English Notes for FSC First Year. You will see 4 possible options under each Multiple Choice Question. You can choose the answer which you feel is correct and then press the yellow button to see the correct answer. All Short Stories Notes are available here.
Dark They Were and Golden Eyed Comprehension Based MCQs for FSC Part 1
(1) The man felt his hair flutter and the tissues of this body draw tight as if he were_________.
(B) feeling sad
(D) Standing at the centre of a vacuum
(2) At any moment the Martian air might ____________.
(A) bring relief
(B) kill him
(C) draw his soul from him
(D) become pleasant
(3) What did they see on Martian hills____________?
(A) old cities
(B) flower beds
(C) stream of fresh water
(D) a deep valley
(4) What did they do after building a cottage____________?
(B) ate good breakfast
(C) furnished it
(D) arranged feast
(5) What was the news Laura told her parents____________?
(A) the war on Earth
(B) the arrival of a rocket
(C) the death of the people
(D) the fall of a rocket
(6) Which one of the cities was attacked____________?
(C) New York
(D) New Jersey
(7) What did they feel on Mars after the attack on Earth ____________?
(8) What were the men doing in town on the shadowy step of the grocery store ____________?
(B) conversing with great leisure and ease
(D) buying grocery
(9) How many dollars did Sam demand to sell the metal____________?
(A) two hundred
(B) four hundred
(C) three hundred
(D) five hundred
(10) In which season did Mr. Bittering stand very golden-eyed____________?
Dark They Were, and Golden Eyed MCQs Based on Comprehension from KIPS English Notes for FA / FSC 1st Year
(1) What its ____________ interior stepped a man, a woman, and three children.
(2) The children, small seeds, might at any instant be sown to all the martian____________
(3) At any moment the Martian air might draw his sour from him, as ____________ comes from a white bone.
(A) a tissue
(4) They saw the old cities, lost in their ____________
(5) I fell like a salt ____________ he said, in a mountain steam, being washed away.
(B ) substance
(6) All dead cites have some kind of ____________ in them.
(7) He ____________Laura’s head against him and said, “ The rockets will get through someday.”
(8) Summer moved like flame upon the ____________.
(9) Rubber tires upon which children had swung in backyards hung suspended like stopped clock pendulums in the___________ air.
(10) In the quiet autumn Mr. Bittering stop upon the slope above____________ looking at the valley.
(A) the mettle shop
(B) Martian ruin
(C) his villa
(D) the Earth settlement
(11) Men ____________of the rocket, shouting.
(A) ran out
(B) dashed out
(C) leaped out
(D) poured out
(12) “The town’s empty, but we found ____________ like in the hills, sir.”
(13) “They hadn’t the foggiest ____________ of what happened to this town or its people.
(14) How did Harry feel when he landed on Mars?
(15) What were the weather conditions on Mars?
(16) Why did Harry want to return to Earth soon after he landed on Mars?
(A) Due to homesickness
(B) due to the war on earth
(C) due to the harsh climate of Mars
(D) due to the bad food
(17) What is the distance between Earth and Mars?
(A) twenty million
(B) sixty million
(C) forty million
(18) Who was the third unbidden partner of Bittering and his wife?
(C) a Martian virus
(D) Martian wind
(19) According to Harry, all ____________ cities have some kind of ghosts in them.
(20) How much time according to Sam would it take to build a rocket?
(A) 20 years
(B) 30 years
(C) 25 years
(D) 35 years
(21) After how much time did the rescue rocket come to Mars?
(A) 4 years
(B) 6 years
(C) 5 years
(D) 7 years
(22) How did the Martians sound to the rescue party?
(23) Harry had worked in a metal shop when he was____________.
(24) The man felt as if he were standing at the centre of a____________.
(25) How did men change on Mars?
(A) They changed into Mars men
(B) They became old and feeble
(C) They became strong and bulkier
(D) They became strong and healthy
(26) “I fell like a salt crystal in a mountain stream” who said?
(A) Mr. Bittering
(B) Mrs. Bittering