General Knowledge and Solved MCQs on OECD (Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development)
OECD stands for Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development. It is a forum of countries describing themselves as committed to democracy and the market economy. This post contains General Knowledge and Solved MCQs on OECD. Multiple choice questions OECD are here for practice purpose and taken from Caravan General Knowledge book.
General Knowledge about OECD | Organisation of Economic Cooperation and Development GK
General Knowledge as on 22.04.2018
- Abbreviation: OECD. OCDE
- Formation: 16 April 1948 as OEEC and reformed in September 1961 as OECD
- Type: Intergovernmental Organisation
- Headquarters: Paris, France
- Membership: 35 States
- Official Languages: English, French
- General Secretary: Jose Angel Gurria
MCQs on OECD with Answers
After this OECD Quiz you can try MCQs on Red Cross.
1. Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) was established with the main objective of seeking sustains ________________
(a) economic growth among its member countries
(b) cooperation in Defense of its member countries
(c) economic and army cooperation
(d) None of them
2. OECD was established in _________________
3. The Organisation for European Economic Cooperation (OEEC) was founded In 1948 to help administer the Marshall Plan for the reconstruction of Europe after World War II. It was renamed as _________
(a) European Union (EU)
(b) Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)
(c) Council of the European Union (CEU)
(d) General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT)
4. Where is the Secretariat of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)?
(a) Tokyo, Japan
(b) London, UK
(c) Paris, France
(d) New York, USA.
5. Which of the following countries have been blacklisted by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) on refusing to adopt new rules for openness and serving as Tax Havens?
(a) Costa Rica, Switzerland, Austria and Andorra
(b) Costa Rica, Malaysia, Philippines and Uruguay
(c) France, Japan, Laos and Libya
(d) the Philippines, Latvia, Lesotho and Ireland
This post is being updated as on 22.04.2018. Inform us in comment section if any update or mistake.
You may also like Multiple Choice Questions on NAM.