Solved Computer MCQs for NTS, PPSC, CSS, FPSC and PMS
This is the first post about Multiple Choice Questions on Computer Science. Computer Science is an important subject and this post contains Solved Computer MCQs for NTS, PPSC and other Testing services. These Computer Science MCQs with Answers are for practice and preparation. MCQs are taken from Caravan General Knowledge Book. For more Solved Computer MCQs Visit This Category.
Computer Science MCQs with Answers for NTS, PPSC, CSS, FPSC and PMS
1. Which of the following is not a programming language?
(e) All are programming languages
2. The technical term not related to computer systems is _______.
(b) Winchester Disk
(d) FIFO System
3. ‘Foxpro’ is ___________.
(a) A medicine
(b) A disease
(c) A computer language
(d) An animal
4. Super Computer was invented by _______.
(a) J. H. Van Tassel
(b) J. C. Perrier
(c) W. L. Judson
(d) A. J. Gamerin
5. Which of the following terms is not associated with computers?
(a) Frankland reaction
6. The special files of DOS are __________.
(d) All of these
7. “Binary Codes” as used in computer sciences are codes made up of which of the following two numbers?
(a) 0 and 9
(b) 1 and 3
(c) 0 and 1
(d) 9 and 1
8. Bill Gates is more well-known as _________.
(a) The CEO of Apple Macintosh
(b) The CEO of IBM
(c) The owner of Microsoft Corporation
(d) The inventor of the personal computer
9. Which of the following is the unit to express the memory of a computer?
10. Which one of the following characteristics is absent in a computer, however sophisticated it may be?
(a) High speed
(d) Perfect Memory
11. FORTRAN, a computer programming language is mainly used for __________.
(a) Business applications
(b) Scientific Research
(c) Word Processing
12. The INTERNET is _______
(a) The inter-state network of the power grid
(b) Computer-based databank and communication highway
(c) International network of narcotic smugglers
(d) An organisation under the UN
13. Which was the first company in the world to manufacture computers for commercial use?
(a) Remington Rand
(d) Apple Computers
14. By what name the international computer giant IBM was known before the year 1924?
(a) International Tabulating Machines
(b) international Computer Corp
(c) Computer Tabulating & Recording Company
(d) Remington Rand
15. Which of the following computers was the first to use the concept of stored programs?
16. Which company was the first to distribute mouse as a standard component with personal computers?
(a) Apple Computer
17. Which Intel microprocessor started the PC revolution?
18. Intel is the largest manufacturer of the microprocessor. What does the name “Intel” stand for?
(3) International Electricals
(b) International Electronics
(c) Integrated Electronics
(d) Integrated Electricals
19. Computing power is measured in MIPS. What do the letters in it stand for?
(a) Million Integrated Circuits per Square inch
(b) Mega Instructions per Second
(c) Million Instructions per Second
(d) Minimum Instructions per second
20. To date how many generations of computers have been developed?
For Next Set of Solved Computer MCQs Click Here.
Solved Computer Multiple Choice Questions are here for practice. However, if you find any mistake inform us in the comment section.