Physics GK Solved Multiple Choice Questions and Answers for Competitive Exams
This post contains GK Questions on Physics with Answers for NTS, PPSC, CSS, FPSC, OTS, PTS, PMS and Interviews. These Physics GK Solved Multiple Choice Questions and Answers for Competitive Exams is the 7th post of Physics Quiz series. MCQs are taken from Caravan Comprehensive book. Some Other Physics MCQs Quizzes are also available.
GK Questions on Physics with Answers for NTS, PPSC, CSS, FPSC, OTS, PTS, PMS and Interviews
This Physics GK Quiz is starting from 121. For previous MCQs Go Here.
121. Water cannot be used to extinguish the fire caused by an electric current because
(a) It may cause another short circuit
(b) It may cause hydrolysis
(c) It may cause electrocution
(d) It will spoil the wiring
122. In diesel engines ignition takes place by_______.
(b) Electrical spark
123. Cloudy nights are warmer because_______.
(a) Clouds prevent radiation of heat from ground to air
(b) Of low atmospheric pressure
(c) Of the compact density of air
(d) More dust particles gather in the air
124. If we go to the Himalayas, we feel breathless because:-
(a) It is very cold there
(b) The density of air is much less on the hills so oxygen content is reduced
(c) The density of air is high on the hills reducing the oxygen content
(d) None of these
125. In deserts, clouds do not precipitate because of ________.
(a) Low pressure
(b) Low humidity
(c) High wind velocity
(d) Low temperature
126. When an open bottle of scent is kept in a corner of the room, its odour is felt in all the corners. This is due to the phenomenon of:
127. The process of transfer of heat by matter but without actual movement of the particles themselves is called_____.
(d) None of the above
128. What are ultrasonic waves?
(a) Sound waves having frequency shorter than audio-frequency range
(b) Sound waves produced in a vacuum
(c) Sound waves having a frequency higher than audio-frequency range
(d) None of these
129. In the process of galvanization, an iron sheet is coated with______.
130. A radar which detects the presence of an enemy aircraft uses ______.
(a) Sound waves
(c) Electric waves
(d) Ultrasonic waves
131. Fish plates are used in railway tracks ________.
(a) To avoid tracks being distorted due to temperature fluctuation
(b) To control the speed of the train
(c) To connect two rails
(d) To keep the rails equidistant
132. Food is cooked quickly in a pressure cooker because of ________.
(a) The boiling point of water is decreased
(b) The boiling point of water is increased
(c) It absorbs heat quickly
(d) It retains heat for a long duration
133. In an earthen pot cooling of water depends upon _______.
(a) Outside temperature
(b) Atmospheric humidity
(d) All of the above
134. A fuse wire is used to _______.
(a) To make the electrical circuit strong
(b) Convert AC into DC
(c) Convert DC into AC
(d) Prevent an unduly high electric current to pass through a circuit
135. A molecule is __________.
(a) A class of organic compounds
(b) The smallest unit of a substance that retains the properties of the substance
(c) The spectrum of a substance
(d) A small mass
136. The nucleus of an atom consists of ______.
(a) Protons + Electrons
(b) Only proton
(c) Proton + Neutron + Electron
(d) Protons and neutrons
137. Four identical kettles with the same amount of water, have bases made of different metals of the same thickness. If these are placed on identical flames water will boil first in the kettle with a base made of ________.
138. Sound travels with a different speed in different media. In what order does the velocity of sound increase in these media?
(a) Water, iron and air
(b) Iron, air and water
(c) Air, water and iron
(d) Iron, water and air
139. In electric fittings. the wires are earthed because _______.
(a) In case of a short circuit, current passes to the earth
(b) It avoids leakage of electricity
(c) It completes the electric circuit
(d) It reduces fluctuation
140. Which of the following metals is used in aircraft?
(d) None of these
Visit This Link for next quiz of physics objective questions for competitive exams.
MCQs of this Quiz on Physics GK are posted carefully. But, if you see any mistake, inform us in a comment.