Essay on Religous Extremism for Matric, FA, FSC, 2nd Year, BA and BSC
Here is an essay on Religious Extremism for the students of 10th Class, 12th Class and Graduation. Religious Extremism will discuss that there is no connection between Islam and Religious Extremism or Terrorism. It will also discuss Causes of Religious Extremism, Effects of Religious Extremism and solutions of Religious Extremism. Essay on Pollution is also available.
Religious Extremism Essay for Class 10, Class 12, Graduation
Religious Extremism means fighting or killing those who do not accept one’s point of view regarding religion. It is very common in the world and even modern countries are not safe from it. Nobody can connect it with Muslims or Islam even Muslims are attacked many times by the religious extremists in other countries. However, Religious extremism is very common and popular in Pakistan. Pakistan is a religious country. It came into being in the name of Islam. But unfortunately, some of its religious ulemas and thinkers divided the country into many sects. The unity of the Muslims lies in pieces. The people of one sect hate strongly the people of other sects. Religious extremism means that one religious group considers it thinking correct and truthful. He thinks that views held by it are final and conclusive. The religious views of the other groups are incorrect. He hates the other group and feels uncomfortable with it. This leads to hostility against the other group. In this way, every person adheres to his point of view and considers the other person wrong.
Reasons of Religious Extremism
Religious extremism is produced in the people by the following factors:-
1. The observers and thinkers consider that religious extremism is produced by emotional and non-scientific thinking of the people. They claim that people become too much subjective and too much involved in their own thinking. Their thinking attains personal colour. 1st we need to read our Holy Quran to understand the message of God towards the humanity. Islam is not only a religion it is also a way of living from the beginning to end of life. The whole life of Holy Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) is a role model for us and the whole world. The person who will understand it will never go near the religious extremism.Next, scientific and objective thinking is also a factor to avoid the menace of religious extremism.
2. Lack of modern knowledge and ignorance breeds religious extremism. A large number of our people are uneducated. They are blind to the modern trends of knowledge in all fields of life. This thing generates a clash between ignorance and knowledge. The religious scholars, ulemas, and thinkers stick to their point of view. They try to force their views on the others by force. This produces an atmosphere of fear, suspicion and mistrust.
3. Religious extremism takes place in those minds which are simple and credulous. They take every belief for granted and do not analyse it.
4. Religious extremism has generated many evils. It has produced tyranny and violence in many countries of the world. It has urged the religious extremists to resort to using force against those who do not agree with their views. This thing has built a strife between “Shias and Sunnies”. These two religious groups killed many people of the rival group. They killed innocent people which included thinkers, scholars, doctors, teachers and other civilized members of society. Such a type of religious extremism is very harmful to society and it can break up the integrity and unity of the country. The unity of the country is at stake due to the presence of this form of religious extremism.
Effects of Religious Extremism
Religious extremism produces the following evils:-
1. It builds an atmosphere of distrust and fear. People begin to hate one another and suspect each other’s intention.
2. Religious extremism leads to the formation of religious groups and organizations. Foreign Governments give funds to these groups to impose terrorist in developing countries for their own purposes. These groups organize themselves into armed groups and use force to intimidate and horrify the rival groups. In Pakistan such groups exist and, they kill one another mercilessly. The use of force leads to enmity and bitter hostility. An atmosphere of strife, tension and horror halts the economic progress of the country. The foreign investors stop investing their money in big projects.
Solutions to Control Religious Extremism
We can overcome religious extremism by taking the following steps.
- Modern education should be given to the students who study in Madrassas.
- Religious extremism comes into action for lack of tolerance. The people should be taught to show tolerance to each other. The teachings of Islam should be propagated through electronic media about human dignity, equality and justice. Islam is a religion of peace and justice. A campaign should be started on electronic media which should teach people the real principals of Islam.
You may also like Essay on My First Day at College.