Essay on Dignity of Work with Outline for 2nd Year, F.A, FSC, B.A, BSC & B.Com
Here is an essay on The Dignity of Labour with Outline for the students of Graduation. However, Students of 2nd year, F.A, FSc, B.A, BSC and Bcom can prepare this essay for their exams. This essay has been taken from Functional English by (Imran Hashmi) Azeem Academy. You can write the same essay under the title, The Dignity of Work Essay or Essay on the Dignity of Work or Dignity of Work or Labour in Islam Essay. First of all, try to understand and learn the Outline of this essay to make it easy to remember the points of the essay. You can see more essay examples by going to English Essay Writing.
The Dignity of Labour Essay Outline:
- By labour, we generally mean work done by hands.
- There is nothing shameful in becoming a skill-worker.
- In Islam all human being are equal. Islam does not allow distinction on the basis of profession.
- In Islam hones work of all kinds is worth respecting.
- Unfortunately, we ignore the bright example set by our Holy Prophet (Peace be Upon Him) and consider manual work as undignified.
- In the advanced countries, the major cause of the development is that dignity of labour has got its due importance.
- In the less developed countries like Pakistan, the major cause of backwardness is that we have misused the concept of dignity of labour.
- We should give equal status to the labour class in society.
By labour, we generally mean work done by hands. Unfortunately, this word is used in a negative sense. There is nothing shameful in it. People having a narrow mind refer the word labour to professions adopted by carpenters, masons and their assistants. They also associate them with the lower middle class of society. As a matter of fact, these professions are benefactors of society. They play a vital role for peace and prosperity of our life. For example, mason builds a house to shelter us, a tailor sews clothes to cover our body and a farmer tills the soil to feed us.
We should not ignore that no office peon is employed in any office of the advance countries because in those countries every office worker feels no shame in doing the peon work himself. We are Pakistani and unfortunately, we feel it below our dignity.
If we read the history of nations like Japan, China, Germany etc., we shall learn that their economic development is based on attaching dignity to manual work. On the other hand, our Pakistani engineer will feel it below his dignity to join two wires and will say that it is the work of his subordinate mechanic.
In Islam all human beings are equal. Islam does not allow distinction on the basis of profession. The Holy Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) used to work with his own hands. He carried bricks for the construction of the mosque and did not feel ashamed in mending his outworn shoes. In Islam, the honest work of all kinds is worth respecting. Even a sweeper deserves respect. In Islam work is worship.
Unfortunately, we ignore the bright example set by Holy Prophet (Peace be Upon Him) and consider manual work as undignified. We also look down upon the labour class.
People should change their thinking and should not hesitate in doing their jobs. This spirit will improve our economic condition. In the advanced countries, the major cause of the development is that dignity of labour has got its due importance.
In Pakistan, a large number of people are working in the houses of landlords. They only take the meal and clothes and server like slaves. Today every rich man always wishes to have a large number of servants in his home.
We have misused the concept of labour and this is the major cause of backwardness in our country. If we want to improve our economic condition, we should give equal status to the labour class in society.
You may also like:
- Essay on the Role of Bank with Outline for Students
- Essay on Cash Crops of Pakistan with Outline for Students
- Essay on Terrorism with Outlines and Quotes
- Essay on Overpopulation with Outline
- Essay on Illiteracy Problem with Quotations