Essay on Energy Crisis | Load Shedding Essay for Matric, F.A, FSC, Intermediate, 2nd Year, BA and BSC
Essay on Load Shedding with Outline is here for students of different classes to get prepared. Load Shedding Essay will discuss the reasons for Load Shedding in Pakistan. You can write the same essay under the title of “Write an essay on Energy Crisis”. There are outline, reasons and solutions for this crisis in Pakistan.
Essay On Load Shedding | Energy Crisis Essay with Outline for Class 10, Class 12 and Graduation (Effects, Reasons and Solutions)
- Importance of electricity in our daily life
- Effects of load shedding on the life of a common man
- Effects of load shedding on economy and business
- Why we do not have sufficient supply of power
- reasons of load shedding in Pakistan
- How we can overcome this energy crisis
Electric energy is of utmost importance for the survival of modern life. The prosperity of a country is directly linked to the supply of energy electricity is needed in every sector of modern life. The working at railways, hospitals, business centres, entirely depends on electricity. Without electricity, our farms and industry will stop production. Our houses, trade centres, roads, schools and colleges will turn into graveyards. It is unfortunate that the production of such a vital thing is insufficient in Pakistan. The production of electricity is far less than the growing needs of our farms, industries, mills and factories. The population of our country is growing at a very rapid rate. The production of electricity is far less to meet the increasing needs of our future. The result is that we have to resort to load shedding in the country.
The load shedding has affected our country badly. It has disturbed our social, economic and cultural life badly. The industry and business in the country come to a halt during the prolonged hours of load shedding. The hospitals and medical educational centres suffer a lot. The business centres are plunged into darkness. The traffic on roads is disturbed badly. Everything suffers a jolt. The whole stream of life stops. Such a thing is not possible if we have sufficient supply of power.
We do not have sufficient supply of power due to the following reasons. ‘
First: We generate electricity from water, Oil, coal and gas. Water is the cheapest source of producing electricity. We have failed to build Kala Bagh Dam. Had it been built, the power supply would have been in plentiful and at the same time, it would have been cheap.
Second: The electricity generated by coal, gas and oil is very costly. The electricity produced by these elements is called thermal power. The setting up of the thermal power station is highly expensive for a developing country, like ours. The electricity supplied by thermal stations is not affordable for the consumers. It is not even suitable for the competitive industry of the country.
Third: We can produce electricity by nuclear energy. Nuclear power stations are not easy to set up. The nuclear reactors are very costly. The western countries utilise nuclear Energy as a major source of energy. In France, 80% of energy is produced by Nuclear Sectors. This is not possible in Pakistan.
We suffer from the shortage of electricity due to the following reasons also:
A. The demand for electricity increases due to the electrification of Villages. The new housing colonies also need it for domestic use. This has increased the demand of electricity
B. The use of electricity increases in summer. The use of air conditioners is increasing every year. The consumption of electricity increases as compared with its generation.
C. The measures to save energy have badly failed. The business centres, hotels, roads and streets are lite up during night hours. People use electricity as generously as possible. The entire nation suffers from indiscipline. All lights are always “on” in the houses.
We can fight against energy crisis by adopting the following measures.
- The generation of electricity can be increased by setting up more power stations. We should build more dams to store water in order to produce electricity at cheap rates.
- Nuclear energy should be used as a major source of energy.
- The government should undertake research to find ways and means to generate more power from cheap sources. Solar energy can be used as a main source of energy.
- A campaign on electronic media should be started to save energy by all means. The masses should be made aware of the true nature of power crisis.
- All business centres should be closed after eight o clock at night. Marriages should be held during daytime only. In this way, we can save a lot of energy.
After reading Essay on Load Shedding you can also check Essay on Poverty in Pakistan with Outline.