Solved MCQs about Biology for Online PPSC, CSS, FPSC, PMS, OTS, PTS, PMS and NTS Test Preparation
This is the 7th Part of Biology MCQs series. This post contains Solved MCQs about Biology for Online PPSC, CSS, FPSC, PMS, OTS, PTS, PMS and NTS Test Preparation. These Objective Type Questions are also for those students who are looking for MDCAT entry test online preparation. MCQs are taken from Caravan General Knowledge Book. For more similar posts visit Biology MCQs.
Solved Quiz Questions of Biology for MDCAT Entry Test Online Preparation
121. Which act as a hormone?
122. The Hormones are the ________.
(a) Chemical messengers
(b) Zoological messengers
(c) Physical messengers
(d) Biophysical messengers
123. The master gland is pituitary gland which controls the activities of ________.
(a) Adrenal gland
(b) Adrenal and thyroid glands
(c) Pancreas and Gonads glands
(d) All glands
124. Who discovered bacteria first in 1697?
(c) Louis Pasteur
(d) Robert Koch
125. One of the followings is not a characteristic of an insect.
(a) Their body is divided into head, thorax and abdomen
(b) They possess a pair of legs in each segment
(c) They possess two wings for flying
(d) Two prominent antennae are present on the head
126. An inactive phase of the life cycle during which animal stores a lot of food inside the body and develops a covering around the body is called ____.
127. If the temperature rises gradually up to 40° C, the rate of photosynthesis ______.
(c) Remains constant
(d) May stop altogether
128. An adult requires how many proteins daily _________.
(a) 10 – 20 grams
(b) 30 – 50 grams
(c) 50 – 100 grams
(d) More than 100 grams
129. Proteins are required to make which of the followings.
(b) Connective tissues
(d) All these
130. Lipids are obtained from ____________.
(a) Animal sources
(b) Plant sources
(c) Both plant and animal sources
131. One mole of haemoglobin containing blood carries how much oxygen.
(a) 16 ml
(b) 18 ml
(c) 20 ml
(d) 22 ml
132. The rate of breathing is regulated by __________.
(a) Amount of oxygen in the blood
(b) Amount of carbon dioxide in the blood
(c) Amount of oxygen in the cells
(d) Amount of carbon dioxide in the cells
133. The exchange of carbon dioxide and oxygen gas between the cell and the atmosphere during photosynthesis takes place by _________.
(a) Active transport
(b) Facilitated diffusion
134. Leucocytes (white blood cells) are produced in ______.
(c) Bone marrow
135. Haemophilia is because of absence of ___________.
(a) Rh factor
You may also like Biology GK Questions and Answers.
If you find any mistake in the post, inform us in the comment section.