Biology GK Questions with Answers for NTS, CSS, PPSC, FPSC, PMS, OTS, PTS and Other Job tests online Preparation
This is the 5th part of this Biology MCQs series. This post contains Biology GK Questions with Answers for NTS, CSS, FPSC, PPSC and other job test preparation online. These Multiple Choice questions of biology are placed here for practice for job seekers and students. MCQs are taken from Caravan General Knowlege Book. More MCQs are available here.
Biology Quiz Questions with Answers for online Meical Entry Test Practice
81. A plant cell is distinguished from an animal cell by the presence of
(c) Cell membrane
(d) Cell wall
82. A man with blood group A can receive blood from persons having blood groups ____
(a) A, O
(b) A, B, O
(c) A, AB, B
(d) A, B
83. What does Mycology study?
84. Duodenum is situated __________
(a) At the uppermost part of the small intestine
(b) Near the lungs
(c) in the brain
(d) At the tail end of the intestine
85. Dialysis is used in the case of a patient suffering from
(a) Heart problems
(b) Kidney problems
(c) Respiratory diseases
(d) Neurological disorders
86. Which gland of the human body produces insulin?
87. In brain, the site for intelligence, memory and emotion is present in __________
88. Animal flesh is a good source of high quality proteins because animal proteins are ______________
(a) Directly taken up by muscle-tissues and add
to their strength
(b) Animal proteins have all amino acids
(c) Animal proteins carry the right proportion of amino acids needed by humans
(d) Animal proteins are digested easily
89. Vaccines are ___________
(a) Same as monoclonal antibodies
(b) Treated bacteria or viruses or one of their proteins
(c) MHC proteins
(d) strands of nucleic acids
90. Excessive vomiting and diarrhoea may result in the decrease of which of the following in the bloodstream?
91. Insulin, a drug that checks diabetes, was discovered by ________
(a) Francis Crick
(c) James D Watson
(d) Dr Banting
92. Which one of the following is an example of hereditary disease?
93. Which of the following is responsible for transferring the genetic information from one generation to the next?
(d) Messenger RNA
94. Inside which of the following is a nucleus not found?
(a) A human cell
(b) A plant cell
(c) An electric cell
(d) An atom
95. Anaerobics are ______
(a) Bacteria which can complete their life cycle without oxygen
(b) Bacteria which can complete their life cycle without water
(c) Colonies of unicellular bacteria
(d) Colonies of multicellular bacteria
96. The organ that filters blood in human body is __________
97. Deficiency of Iron in the human body causes ___________
98. The red colour of tomato is imparted by _________
99. Substances which bring down the body temperature are known as?
100. Enzymes are _________.
(d) Fatty acids