Objective Type Questions of Biology with Answers for Students and Job Seekers
This post also belongs to Biology MCQs. Prepare MCAT, MDCT entry test online. This post contains Objective Type Questions of Biology with Answers for Students and Job Seekers. These General Biology MCQs are posted here for practice. MCQs are taken from Caravan General Knowledge Book. For more similar posts Click This Link.
Solved MCQs of Biology for MCAT entry test and NTS Online Preparation
166. Who discovered the blood groups of man?
(a) Edward Jenner
(c) Kari Landsteiner
(d) William Harvey
167. Glycogen is mainly stored in _______
(a) Cartilage and bone
(b) Liver and muscles
168. Pepsin converts _____.
(a) Protein into peptides in acid media
(b) Protein into peptides in alkaline media
(c) Protein into peptides in neutral media
(d) Starch into glucose
169. DNA model was given by______.
(a) Beadle and Tatum
(b) Fisher and Haldane
(c) Lederberg and Tatum
(d) Watson and Crick
170. The theory of inheritance of acquired characters was propounded by ________.
(a) Charles Darwin
(b) Gregor Mendel
(c) J.B. Lamarck
171. Which of the following has no blood but respires? ‘
Also visit – General Biology Questions and Answers
172. The pituitary gland is a gland attached to the________.
(b) Neck region
(d) Base of the brain
173. Which of the following is the correct sequence?
(a) Green plants animals biosphere -atmosphere
(b) Green plants biosphere -animals atmosphere
(c) Animals green plants -atmosphere biosphere
(d) Atmosphere green plants animals biosphere
174. Liver produces?
175. Synthesis of the gene in the laboratory was done for the first time by _______.
(a) Hargobind Khorana
(b) Gregor Mendel
(c) Watson and Crick
(d) Paul Berg
176. Which of the following is the basic characteristic of a living organism?
(a) Ability to move
(b) Ability to reproduce
(c) Ability to eat
(d) Ability to breath
177. All the following are invertebrates except _____.
178. Which of the following is an anti-depressant?
179. In which organ of the human body are the lymphocyte cells formed?
(b) Long bone
180. The characteristic odour of garlic is due to:
(a) A chloro compound
(b) A sulphur compound
(c) A fluorine compound
(d) Acetic acid
You may also like Biology Multiple Choice Questions.