Important MCQs about IMF (International Monetary Fund) for NTS, PPSC, FPSC and Other Job Tests
This is an exercise about IMF which contains MCQs. IMF is known as International Monetary Fund and in this post, you can see and practice MCQs about this organization. There are 12 important MCQs about IMF for different job tests. while solving MCQs about International Monetary Fund you can press the blue button to see the correct answer. You can also attempt GK online test.
1. At UN Monetary and Financial Conference held in 1944 at Bretton Woods, World Bank was established alongwith another organization. Name the said organization.
(a) International Labour Organization
(b) Food and Agricultural Organization
(c) International Monetary Fund
(d) World Health Organization
2. When was IMF established?
3. How many countries are the members of IMF?
4. On joining IMF, each member is assigned a quota in special drawing rights (SDRs) Corresponding to its __________
(a) Relative position in the world economy
(b) Relative position in the world politics
(c) Relative position in the world nuclear forum
(d) None of them
5. Which country has the largest quota which was about Special Drawing Rights (SDR) 42 billion dollars in 2011?
(d) The USA
6. What determines how large a vote a member will have in IMF deliberations or how much foreign exchange it may withdraw from the funds?
(a) Size of its population
(b) Amount of quota subscription
(c) Level of its poverty
(d) Amount of quota demanded
7. What is the maximum period of a member country which use the foreign exchange extended by IMF to extricate itself from its balance of payments problems?
(a) 10 years
(b) 7 years
(c) 5 years
(d) 3 years
8. What qualifies a member to apply for the fund from IMF?
(a) Long-term Industrial Projects
(b) A Viable Industrial Project
(c) Temporary Balance of Payment Problems
(d) None of them
9. IMF has its headquarters in ____________
(b) Washington DC
(d) New York
10. Who is the current IMF Managing Director?
(a) Gordon Tullock
(b) Olivier Blanchard
(c) Dominique Strauss-Kehn
(d) Christine Lagarde
11. The Economies of the developing nations are monitored by ___________
12. IMF and World Bank were created through
(a) Yalta Conference
(b) New Deal
(c) Treaty of Versailles
(d) Bretton Woods Agreement