Solved MCQs about SAARC and General Knowledge
This post contains Solved MCQs about SAARC which stands for South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation. There is a detail of SAARC Summits which are held, SAARC Current Members country names, SAAR Secretaries General names and period as well as Solved MCQs.
SAARC Summits Detail
|Sixth||1991||Colombo (Sri Lanka)|
|Eighth||1995||New Dehli (India)|
SAARC Secretaries General
|1||Abu-al-Ahsan||January 16, 1987 to 15, October 1989|
|2||Kant Kishore Bhargava||October 17, 1989 to December 31, 1993|
|3||Ibrahim Hussain Zaki||January 1, 1992 to December 31, 1993|
|4||Yadav Kant Silwal||January 1, 1994 to December 31, 1995|
|5||Naeem U Hasan||January 1, 1996 to December 31, 1998|
|6||Nihal Rodrigo||January 1, 1999 to January 10, 2002|
|7||Q.A.M.A Rahim||January 11, 2002 to February 28, 2005|
|8||Lyonpo Chenkyab Drogi||March 1, 2005 to February 29, 2008|
|9||Sheel Kant Sharma||March 1, 2008 to February 28, 2011|
|10||Fathimath Dhiyana Saeed||March 1, 2011 to January 22, 2012|
|11||Ahmed Saleem||March 12, 2012|
|12||Amjad Hussain B Sial||01, March 2017|
SAARC Current Members
- Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
- People’s Republic of Bangladesh
- Kingdom of Bhutan
- Republic of India
- Republic of Maldives
- Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal
- Islamic Republic of Pakistan
- Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka
Important Solved MCQs About SAARC
1. Apart from India, Pakistan and Bangladesh who are the other member countries of SAARC?
(a) Nepal, Bhutan, Thailand and Singapore
(b) Nepal, Bhutan, Malaysia and Maldives
(c) Nepal, Bhutan, Maldives, Sri Lanka and Afghanistan
(d) Nepal, Bhutan, Singapore and Sri Lanka
2. SAARC was formed in Dhaka on ______________
(a) November 7, 1984
(b) October 3, 1985
(c) September 5, 1984
(d) December 8, 1985
3. Which of the following is not the main purpose for formation of SAARC
(a) To Combat Terrorism
(b) To Promote the Welfare of the people of South Asia
(c) To form mutual defence against foreign aggression
(d) To accelerate economic growth and natural development
4. Which SAARC summit was held in Islamabad in 2004
5. First SAARC summit was held ln 1985 in ______
6. SAARC has its headquarters in _________________
(a) Kathmandu, Nepal
(b) New Delhi, India
(c) Dhaka, Bangladesh
(d) Colombo, Sri Lanka
7. Which of following countries got observer status in SAARC
(a) Korea and China
(b) Russian and China
(c) Japan and China
(d) Thailand and Indonesia
8. In acronym SAARC, “C” stands for _______________
9. Which of the following statements regarding SAARC countries is correct?
(a) All the countries with which India has borders are members of SAARC, Sri Lanka and the Maldives being islands
(b) Except Sri Lenin and Maldives, no other SAARC country has island as a part of its territory
(c) No SAARC country other than India has a common border With another member country, Sri Lanka and the Maldives being island
(d) Except Sri Lanka and the Maldives, all the SAARC countries have common border with China
10. SAPTA is a trade agreement by _________________
(a) ASEAN Nations
(b) APEC Nations
(c) SAARC Nations
(d) EU Nations
11. Name the first Secretary-General of SAARC
(a) Nazim Karim
(c) Rafi Nizami
(d) None of them
12. President of Maldives Mammoon Abdul Gayoom has attended fourteen SAARC summits besides him who has attended a maximum number of SAARC summits?
(a) King Jigme Singhe Wangchuk
(b) King Birendra Bin Bikram
(c) Prime Minister Girjia Prasad Koirala
(d) None of them
13. 2010-2020 in the SAARC decade of____________
(a) The rights or the labour
(b) The rights of the women
(c) The rights of the child
(d) intra-regional Connectivity
14. In which year SAARC Law Commission was formulated?
15. SAARC law was accorded recognition in which year?
16. Who is the current secretary general of SAARC?
(a) Dr Sheel Kant Sharma
(b) Kumar Shrestha
(d) Amjad Hussain B. Sial
17. Which country was a major donor in financing the SAARC?
(b) Sri Lenka
18. The Seventeenth SAARC Summit was held from 10-11 of November 2011 in Addu City ________________
(d) Sri Lenka
19. ______________SAARC Summit was cancelled, which was supposed to be held in Islamabad, Pakistan on 15-16 November 2016?
20. The 19th SAARC Summit, which was postponed due to the URI Attacks was supposed to be held in which country?
After checking these Solved MCQs about SAARC, you may also like Solved MCQs about NAM
General Knowledge About South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation with Solved MCQs | Multiple Choice Questions
All the questions and their answers are posted manually and carefully as on 18.02.2018. In case there is any update or if you find any mistake, you can Contact Us or tell us in the Comment.
Please Share it with your friends to encourage us providing Quality work for the knowledge seekers.