MCQs on Everyday Science for NTS, PPSC, CSS, FPSC and Other Job Tests
Here is one more post about MCQs on Everyday Science for NTS, PPSC, CSS, FPSC and other job tests. Everyday Science is an important subject with the point of view of job tests in Pakistan. Hereunder are some Important Everyday Science MCQs for job seekers. These MCQs are taken from Caravan General Knowledge Book.
Important MCQs on Every Day Science for Students and Job Seekers
This counting is starting from 51 for Previous 50 MCQs on Everyday Science Click Here.
51. When water is filled in a bottle and is allowed to freeze, the bottle breaks because
(a) Water expands on freezing
(b) Bottle contracts at the freezing point
(c) the temperature outside the bottle is less than that Inside the bottle
(d) None of the above
52. During a total solar eclipse, there is most likely to be
(a) A decrease in the rate of photosynthesis
(b) An increase in the rate of photosynthesis
(c) A decrease in the rate of respiration
(d) No effect on either photosynthesis or respiration
53. The heating element of an electric heater is made up of
54. In an oil lamp. the oil rises up in the wick due to
(a) Capillary action
(b) Atmospheric pressure
(c) Viscosity of oil
(d) Change in temperature
55. Acid rain contains high levels of
(a) Oxalic acid
(b) Acetic acid
(c) Sulphuric and nitric acids
(d) Carbolic acid
56. Which one of the following would give the highest energy per gram?
57. Which one of the following units represents the largest amount of energy?
58. A woman’s voice is shriller than a man’s due to
(a) Higher frequency
(b) Higher amplitude
(c) Lower frequency
(d) Weak vocal chords
59. Which gas is used in the preparation of soft drinks?
(b) Carbon dioxide
60. Why are soft drinks made with chilled water rather than water at room temperature?
(a) Ingredients dissolve better in chilled water
(b) Chilled water enhances the taste
(c) Chilled water attracts more carbon dioxide
(d) Chilled water is more hygienic
61. Coke is made by heating coal in the absence of air at:
(c) 1300 °C
(d) 1700 °C
62. In blood, the percentage of water is
63. As the temperature of ice rises, the ice melts and its density
(b) Remains constant
(d) Increases up to 10 °C
64. Water is a universal solvent for what reactions.
65. The volume percentage of nitrogen in air is
66. Nitrogen occurs in plants and animals in the form of
67. Air contains volume of carbon dioxide approximately;
68. The gases which are used by divers as an artificial atmosphere are helium and _____
(d) Carbon monoxide ,
69. The second most abundant metal found in the earth’s crust is.
70. Which of the following is involved in blood clotting.
71. For water purification, we use
72. Deficiency of chloride cause the impaired growth in
(d) Young man
73. The human blood is divided into
(a) Two groups
(b) Three groups
(c) Four groups
(d) Five groups
74. Which type of blood of individuals is known as a universal donor?
(a) Type A
(b) Type B
(c) Type AB
(d) Type 0
75. Which type of blood of individuals are universal recipients?
(a) Type A
(b) Type AB
(c) Type B
(d) Type O
For Next 25 General Knowledge MCQs on Everyday Science you can Go Here.
This post is being updated as on 17.04.2018. If there is an update regarding any answer or you feel there is a mistake, inform us by commenting below or Contact Us.