Solved MCQs of Biology for NTS, PPSC, CSS, FPSC, OTS, PTS, PMS and Other Job Test Online Preparation
This is the 3rd part of Biology MCQs with Answers Series. This post contains Solved MCQs of Biology for NTS, PPSC, CSS, FPSC, OTS, PTS, PMS and Other Job Test Online Preparation. However, Students can try these General Biology Quiz Multiple Choice Questions for the practice of MCAT entry test. MCQs are taken from Caravan General Knowledge Book. Some other MCQs about Biology are also available.
Solved Biology Quiz for MCAT Entry Test online preparation
61. Which of the followings are considered to be the simplest living organisms with the ability to manufacture their own food by photosynthesis ________
(c) Green plants
(d) BIue-green algae
62. Bryophytes are _________
(a) Vascular plants
(b) Non-vascular plants
63. The forests in Pakistan comprising of which one of the following are facing the danger of extinction?
64. During photosynthesis green plants build up _________
(d) All these
65. Pollens are produced in larger numbers and are light in weight in flowers pollinated by ____
(d) All these
66. Photosynthesis is a biochemical process for the transfer of solar energy to _______
(a) Nitrogen cycle
(b) Hydraulic cycle
(c) Petrological cycle
(d) Food chain cycle
67. Ginger is an example of __________
68. The earliest organisms that appeared on the surface of the earth were probably ______
(d) None of the above
69. Osmosis is a function of which of the following factors?
(a) The number of solute molecules in the solutions on the two sides of the selectively permeable membrane
(d) All of the above
70. Which of the following plant micronutrients is involved in the electron transport in photosynthesis?
71. Bamboo is a _______
72. Cork cells are impervious to water because of the presence of ________
73. Fern belongs to _______
(d) None of these
74. In which section of the plant does photosynthesis take place?
75. Photosynthesis takes place faster in ________
(a) Yellow light
(b) White light
(c) Red light
76. Age of a tree can be determined by _________
(a) Counting the number of rings in the stem
(b) Counting the number of leaves
(c) Counting the number of branches
(d) Measuring the size of the tree
77. Protein which acts as the hormone is?
78. During the daytime plants _________
(a) Take in oxygen and give out carbon dioxide
(b) Take in carbon dioxide and give out oxygen
(c) Take in nitrogen and give out oxygen
(d) Take in carbon dioxide and give out nitrogen
79. Plants receive their nutrients mainly from ________
80. Potato is a modified form of___________
Please inform us in the comment section, if you find any mistake.