General Knowledge Solved MCQs about Colombo Plan and OPEC (Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries)
Here are some Solved MCQs on Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) and list of current Member Countries of OPEC. This post also contains solved MCQs about Colombo Plan. You practice these Multiple choice questions about OPEC or Solved MCQs about OPEC for your job test. You may also like Solved MCQs about SCO.
List of Current Member Countries of OPEC
Here is list of 14 who are Current Member of OPEC
- Equatorial Guinea
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
Important Solved MCQs about OPEC (Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries)
1. Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) was established on November 14, 1960, with its headquarters at Vienne. What was the main objective behind its formation?
(a) To reduce production in order to increase prices
(b) To control production and pricing of crude oil
(c) To increase production in order to capture oil market
(d) None of these
2. The headquarters of OPEC (Organisation of Petroleum Countries) are at ____________
(b) Kuwait City
3. Which of the following statements regarding OPEC is not correct?
(a) It was formed in 1959
(b) its membership is open to every country
(c) It was formed to control production and pricing of crude oil
(d) n has been successful in determining world oil prices to a large extent
4. Who is the current Secretary-General of OPEC?
(a) Masoud Mir Kazemi
(b) Ekmeleddin Ihsanogiu
(c) Mohammed Barkindo
(d) Abdelouahed Belkeziz
5. In which country Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries was established?
(c) Abu Dhabi
(d) Saudi Arabia
6. In ___________________ year OPEC was formed.
7. _______________ coordinates and unify petroleum policies.
(a)United Nations Industrial Commission
Important Solved MCQs about Colombo Plan
8. When was Colombo Plan established with its headquarters in Colombo?
9. Colombo Plan started with seven Commonwealth countries. Currently, the number of member countries has risen to ______
10. Which of the following was the main objective behind the establishment of Colombo Plan?
(a) To foster unity among the Asian Countries and maintenance of Asian Solidarity
(b) To promote the development of the newly independent Asian member countries
(c) Formed for the economic unity and mutual defence against aggression
(d) To maintain and develop newly independent Asian members individual and collective defence against aggression of Communist block
11. Which statement about the Colombo Plan is incorrect?
(a) H.Q. of Colombo Plan is at Colombo
(b) This is a plan for economic development of South and East Asian countries
(c) The Colombo Plan celebrated its Silver Jubilee in 1976
(d) All the above
Solved MCQs about ECO are also present.
This post is updated today on 23.02.2018. If there is an update or you find any mistake, please Contact Us or inform us in the comment section.