Basic General Knowlege about Arab League
This post is about General Knowledge about Arab League. This post contains a list of current members of Arab League, list of names of General Secretaries of Arab League with nationality and tenure as well as Important Solved MCQs about Arab League. Students who are looking for general knowledge can get the benefit of this post. You can also check Solved MCQs about OIC.
Current Members of Arab League | Arab League Members | Arab League Countries
Hereunder is the list of Arab League member countries with Country Name, Capital and date of admission to Arab League.
|14.||State of Palestine||Jerusalem (proclaimed)
Ramallah (de facto)
|19.||Syrian Arab Republic||Damascus||22-03-1945|
|21.||United Arab Emirates||Abu Dhabi||06-12-1971|
List of Secretaries-General of Arab League
Here is a list of Secretaries-General of Arab League with their Names, Nationality and Tenure.
|No.||Secretary-General||Nationality||Tenure (From – To)|
|1||Abdul Rahman Azzam||Egypt||22 March 1945 – September 1952|
|2||Abdul Khalek Hassouna||Egypt||September 1952 – 1 June 1972|
|3||Mahmoud Riad||Egypt||1 June 1972 – March 1979|
|4||Chedli Klibi||Tunisia||March 1979 – September 1990|
|5||Ahmed Asmat Abdel-Meguid||Egypt||15 May 1991- 15 May 2001|
|6||Amr Moussa||Egypt||15 May 2001 – 1 July 2011|
|7||Nabil Elaraby||Egypt||1 July 2011 – 3 July 2016|
|8||Ahmed Aboul Gheit||Egypt||3 July 2016 – to date (Current)|
Important Solved MCQs About Arab League about Arab League
If you are preparing Job test for PMS, CSS, NTS, FPSC or PPSC then you should practice these MCQs about Arab League to check your knowledge.
1. Arab League was established on March 22, 1945, with its headquarter at ____
2. Arab League is comprised of how many member countries?
3. What was the original number of Arab League member states in 1945?
4. Which of the countries were the founding members of Arab League?
(b) Saudi Arabia
(d) All of them
5. The current Secretary-General Nabi el-Araby belongs to _____
(c) Saudi Arabia
(d) The United Arab Emirates
6. In 1979, Arab League suspended membership of ________
(d) Saudi Arabia
7. When was Egypt re-admitted into Arab League?
8. Who served as the secretary general of Arab League from 1952-1972?
(a) Mahmoud Riad
(b) Assad al-Assad
(c) Abdul Khalek Hassouna
(d) Chedli Klibi
9. Arab League suspended the membership 0f ________ on 22 February 2011 following the use of military force against civilians.
10. The 33rd summit of Arab League held in ________on 29 March 2012.
(a) Baghdad, Iraq
(b) Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
(d) Cairo, Egypt
11. The 34th summit of Arab League was held in___________ March, 2017?
(a) Kuwait City, Kuwait
(b) Doha, Qatar
(c) Amman, Jordan
(d) Dubai, UAE
12. Arab League Was Established on _______
(a) March 22, 1944
(b) March 22, 1946
(c) March 22, 1945
(d) March 22, 1947
13. The term of Arab League Secretary-General is ___
(a) 3 years
(b) 4 years
(c) 5 years
(d) 6 years
14. In 2012, Arab League suspended membership of _______
(d) Saudi Arabia
You may also like Solved MCQs about Shanghai Cooperation Organization.
This post is updated on 24.02.2018. If there is an update or you find any mistake in answers, please inform us in Comment or Contact Us.