Famous World Wars Quiz Questions with Answers for NTS, PPSC, CSS and FPSC
Here is the 2nd post of Famous World Wars Quiz Questions with Answers for NTS, PPSC, CSS, FPSC and other Job tests. These multiple choice questions are placed below for the purpose of practice. Press the button to reveal the correct answer. MCQs are from Caravan General Knowledge Book. Want more Multiple Choice Questions? Try Important MCQs Category.
World Famous Battles Solved MCQs
24. In which battle the Dutch defeated Spaniards and Portuguese in 1607 AD?
(a) Battle of Platae
(b) Battle of Gibraltar Bay
(c) Battle of Arabia
(d) Battle of the Nile
25. The Seven-year war (1756 AD – 1763 AD) was fought between ______
(a) France and Germany
(b) England and France
(c) England and Prussia
(d) France and Austria
26. Battle of the Nile in which British and French fleets met Britain was victorious. When was the battle fought?
(a) 1798 AD.
(b) 1791 AD.
(c) 1794 AD.
(d) 1792 AD.
27. In 1805 British fleet defeated French and Spanish fleet. The British fleet was commanded by Admiral Nelson who was killed during the battle. We are talking about ________
(a) Battle of Trafalgar
(b) Battle of Mycale
(c) Battle of Plaloc
(d) Phoney War
28. Germany and Combined forces of Austria, Prussia and Russia defeated Napolean in 1813 AD. Name the battle?
(a) War of Roses
(b) Battle of Leipzig
(c) Boer War
(d) Balkan War
29. In which battle British forces led by Duke of Wellington defeated French forces led by Napolean Bona Parte?
(a) Battle of Waterloo
(b) Battle of Leipzig
(c) Battle of Borodino
(d) War of Roses
30. First China war fought (1839-42 A.D.) between China and Britain is known as ______
(a) Balkan War
(b) Opium War
(c) Battle of Mycale
(d) Boer War
31.Boston Tea Party’ is associated with
(a) French Revolution
(b) Russian Revolution
(c) American Independence
(d) Independence of Egypt
32. ”Phoney War” is associated with the invasion by ________
(a) Japan of Norway and Poland
(b) France of Holland and Switzerland
(c) Germany of Norway and Denmark
(d) Britain of Holland and Japan
33. Boers belonged to Dutch Protestants who revolted in 1899 AD. which was suppressed by Britain in Boer war. What was the reason for this revolt?
(a) Abolition of Slavery by Britain
(b) Annexation of Boer’s Area in Britain
(c) Dutch Protestants were against British Catholics
34. Northern and Southern States of America fought a long civil war on the issue of slavery which was won by the Southern States led by Abraham Lincoln. Abraham Lincoln was in favour of the abolition of Slavery. When was this civil war fought?
(a) 1858 A.D.-1863 A.D.
(b) 1861 A.D.-1865 A.D.
(C) 1857 A.D.-1852 A.D.
(d) 1865 A.D.-1871 A.D.
35. Russia and Japan fought a war in 1903 AD. Russia was defeated. The war is called ____________
(a) Battle of Leipzig
(b) Battle of Salamis
(c) Russ-Japanese War
(d) Battle of Yalu
36. Montenegro, Serbia, Bulgaria and Greece fought a war with Turkey in 1912 AD. Turkey was defeated. Name the war.
(a) Balkan War-II
(b) Battle of Jutland
(c) Balkan War-I
37. The murder of Archduke Ferdinand, the heir to Austrian throne became the immediate cause of which war?
(a) World War-I
(b) Battle of Borodino
(c) Battle of Jutland
(d) World War-II
38. 1st World War continued for _________
(a) 6 years
(b) 4 years
(c) 5 years
(d) 3 years
39. Germany was defeated by England in a naval battle fought in 1916. Name the battle __________
(a) Boer War
(b) Battle of Jutland
(c) Battle of Plataea
(d) War of Austrian
40. The treaty of Versailles signed in 1919 AD. became a major cause of the outbreak of which of the following wars?
(a) World War-II
(b) World War-I
(c) War of Austrian
(d) Seven-Year War
41. After the World War II, Germany was divided into East Germany and West Germany: West Germany was given under the control of _________
(a) France, Russia and England
(b) Russia, France and USA
(c) France, England and Turkey
(d) France, EngIand and USA
42. Why American War of Independence broke out?
(a) Forcefully animation of American territories with Britain
(b) Unjustified and oppressive controls and checks imposed on Trade by Britain
(c) Americans wanted independence from France
43. France When American Congress appointed George Washington Commander-in-Chief of American Untrained Army?
(a) 1725 AD.
(b) 1732 AD.
(c) 1740 AD.
(d) 1720 AD.
44. The Declaration of Independence which renounced allegiance to the British throne, drafted by Thomas Jefferson was issued by Congress on __________
(a) July 25, 1796
(b) August 14, 1766
(c) July 4, 1776
(d) August 4, 1786
45. An incident known as Boston tea party relating to American War of Independence refers to __________.
(a) Throwing of 342 chests of tea into the sea
(b) Tea patty of all the army commanders before delivering war of Independence
(c) George Washington invited at a tea party in Boston
(d) The tea party in which British General surrendered.
46. Italian Army from Libya invaded Egypt in 1942 AD. in order to attack British forces. The war fought is called ________.
(a) Gulf War
(b) Desert War
(c) Balkan War
(d) African War
Report us in the comment section if you find any mistake. Previous and Next part of this Famous World Wars Quiz, see below.